Better Late Than Never! 5-5-12 bird

CassGA

After a fun but frustrating season, I finally dropped the hammer on a Ga longbeard yesterday morning. Shane (hawken2222) invited me to tag along with him on his lease in Jasper County. After only hearing one single gobble after first light, we decided to move to that area and set up. The bird never gobbled from the roost again, but patience paid off. Shortly after 7 am, 4 longbeards appeared a little over 100 yards out. The group of toms and 1 single hen slowly worked there way into range, putting on a show! After some quick repositioning and maneuvering, I got into position and put the lead longbeard in the dirt! It was a fantastic hunt and I cant thank Shane enough for giving me the opportunity! Its amazing how quickly your luck can turn around with a little patience and persistence

Solid 2 year old
10 1/2" beard
7/8" spurs

Attachments

• nicks bird 5-5 003 RESIZED.jpg
    nicks bird 5-5 003 RESIZED.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 586
  • nicks bird 5-5 004 resized.jpg
    nicks bird 5-5 004 resized.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 595

deast1988

Congrats.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congrats Cass!!!!! Shane knows how to work'em! Way to go Shane!!!!! Glad y'all connected!
Tim

gobble157

Congrats to you bro! This season has been a tough one for sure and I'm certainly glad you got yourself a longbeard. Congrats to you and Shane and awesome hunt!

Hunter247

great job. awesome looking gun

born2hunt99

Great Bird! Congrats!

Hawken2222

Nick congrats again on your bird. It's been a great season and this hunt was one of the more memorable of the season. You are more than welcome to hunt with me anytime my friend.