Saturday morning...

JABBO

Well my good friend and his two boys along with my son and I headed out to see if we could score on a bird. It started kinda slow at the first farm and after only hearing a couple of gobbles off the property we decided to head to the other farm. We got there around 7:30 and walked down in a big bottom. My buddy called alittle and in no time had a hen answer us. So we sat up in the road that goes thru the bottom and started calling. The hen was alone and came right in to our set-up. After she walked off we were debating on what to do next when I thought I heard a faint gobble. Then we heard him again and definitely could tell he was heading our way. So we repositioned and got the decoy in the road. He was a little shy at first but after a little calling and some patience we finally saw a big fan coming down the road toward the decoy. My buddies oldest son pulled the trigger at 15 yards with the bird in full strut and rolled him...Shot him at 8:45. Bird was atleast a 3 yr. old and had a little better than a 11 inch beard and 1" spurs. Not a better feeling after watching a youngster take a good bird!!!! Some happy hunters we got here....

Attachments

• BransonTurkey.jpg
    BransonTurkey.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

JABBO

Sunday morning

My partner and I went to another property yesterday morning and got on a bird on the roost. He gobbled 7 or 8 times and then went quite. We figured he probably walked off and was about to go to another one we heard alittle further in when he gobbled not too far...Long story short, 2 of them came in on our bad sides and got so close to us that they saw us and you know the rest of the story...:mad:

Then we went to another place and got on one around 8:30 and messed with him until about 10:30. He would gobble every once in a while but would not respond to calling to good. Probably came to within 50 yards of us but could never see him...We could hear him drumming though...Close 2 times but no cigar!!!! Still a great morning of hunting...