she did it..... finally

yellowhammer73

well after a season of misses and blown chances the wife made it all come together saturday. this bird jumped a fence and put a beat down on her b-moible decoy at 11:30.
i was at my daughters softball game when i got the text BIG BIRD DOWN!!!!!!!!!! 10.5" beard 1" spurs and 18.5 lbs.
half his fan was gone and alot of his breast feathers. he was a fighter. oh he came from polk county.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 671

alan

Great bird!

M Sharpe

Congrats to your wife on a fine bird.

sman

Congratz!!! Bet you proud of her!

yellowhammer73

Congratz!!! Bet you proud of her!

oh yeah!!!!!!!!! this is the third bird in three years she has called to the gun. the first year i showed her how and now she guides me. its great having a wife who loves the same things you do. she has killed some nice deer her biggest being a 120" 10 point but she says the turkeys just make her shake all over she loves those thunder chickens.:cool::cool:

born2hunt99

congrats

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
My hat is off to you for being at your daughter's game and to your wife, for bagging the bird. 20 years ago, the roles would have been reversed. You're a good dad. Your daughter will long remember your presence at her games longer than she will remember her mom's turkey.

trkyhntr70

Congrats to your wife on a fine gobbler!! Its awesome when your wife shares your passion for hunting!

FMBear

Congrats to her and you! Definitely nice to share experiences like this with your spouse.

Wow...enjoyed the post, thanks for sharing..
But I have to ask...is that a Rem 870 ?....
I see it has a screw in choke but iron sights like
a "slug" barrell....I've been wanting to get a rifled barrel
for my 870 20ga.

yellowhammer73

Wow...enjoyed the post, thanks for sharing..
But I have to ask...is that a Rem 870 ?....
I see it has a screw in choke but iron sights like
a "slug" barrell....I've been wanting to get a rifled barrel
for my 870 20ga.

Yes sir it's a rem 870 youth model special purpose 12 ga. Came camo dipped with iron sights. Only bad thing with that gun is it's so light it kicks like a mule with turkey shot. The wife says she doesn't feel it when she shoots at a turkey.

Hawken2222

Awesome deal congrats to you both

yellowhammer73

My hat is off to you for being at your daughter's game and to your wife, for bagging the bird. 20 years ago, the roles would have been reversed. You're a good dad. Your daughter will long remember your presence at her games longer than she will remember her mom's turkey.
Thank you sir for your kind words. Our daughter is usually along with us on our trips hunting but sometimes we have to split up to make life happen. We are so busy this time of year.

And thanks to everybody else for the congrats.