3 take a dirt nap in GA - dream season!

Ricochet

To top of an awesome 2012 season in FL and SC I blasted 3 in GA on Saturday. My season is over and I went out with a bang...I killed 3 with 1 shot! I was setup on one gobbling off property when I heard a twig snap behind me – a gang of Jakes and Toms sneaked up behind me. They came in as close as 20 feet or less. I couldn’t do anything till they walked off a little. So, they finally did (the way they came in) and then I spun out of my gobbler lounger as 1 of the Toms went behind a tree. I kneeled to 1 knee and they didn't get spooked. I guess they didn't know what the heck that thing was in the leafy suit – I took a shot as the Toms lined up – BOOM! They dropped and 1 Jake eat some Hevi-13 (oops - he was collateral damage). At least 5 (maybe 6) Jakes got out of there alive. I knew the lead gobbler was a nice one because he had a paint brush for a beard. He had 1+ inch spurs and a thick 9.5 inch beard. He weighed 16 pounds, the other Tom weighed in at 13 pounds and the Jake actually weighed in at 14 pounds. So, it’s been an awesome season that I doubt I will be able to top. 9 birds total; 1 in FL, 5 in SC and 3 in GA - a southeastern Trifecta! Now I can sleep in on the weekends! :D LOL

7195492488_33eef9203c_z.jpg

7195492640_69b8688c0c_z.jpg

7195492766_fd046b7a2c_z.jpg

Last edited:

hawglips

Banned
Excellent! Congratulations dude!

Ricochet

The aftermath video

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" classid="clsid:."> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=ea75632df2&photo_id=7195492776&flickr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=ea75632df2&photo_id=7195492776&flickr_show_info_box=true&hd_default=false" height="360" width="640"></embed></object>

The video cuts off before you see the turkey carnage. LOL I will have to upload it to YouTube sooner or later.

Last edited:

Dupree

Great year! Have you tried taking your son anymore or did he lose interest?

Ricochet

Great year! Have you tried taking your son anymore or did he lose interest?
I have taken him a couple of times this season but he doesn't show a lot of interest (unfortunately). I try to tell him they call it hunting for a reason - I can't always get us on birds. However, my daughter is showing interest so I hope next season is the time for her and her brother. :)

sman

Now that's a great southern season!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on ending the season with a good memory just before it closes.

Arrow3

Heck of a season man!! Congrats!

Ricochet

Thanks y'all! I'm sad and happy it's over - not to mention I have set the bar high for myself now. :crazy: ;) Plus, this more than makes up for 2008 and 2009 when I got skunked. :)