High Voltage schedule change June 2nd.

DOBCAngler

Due to Black Shoals new policy regarding tournament parking fees HVBA will no longer be fishing at Black Shoals on June 2nd.

HVBA will be fishing at Lake Varner on June 2nd.

Black Shoals has tried to railroad tournament participants in the past and changed it's policy due to lack of tournament interest. The only way to change this policy is to stop holding tournaments at Black Shoals.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

M. Smith

Just wanted to say that I'm glad that all clubs are not going to be rail-roaded by Black Shoals and Rockdale Co. When Black Shoals opened they didn't allow tournaments to start with. After they opened it to tournaments and started getting interest they uped the fee to what they are asking now. The same thing happened then; We quit going there. Thats when they called us and asked why no one was scheduling events anymore, and then they dropped the gate fee to what it has been for several years. HVBA paid gate fees of $250 our first tournament there this year and that is plenty to hold an event. We have always paid the gate attendant for coming in early, so that was a cost that we footed the bill for not Rockdale. If they were charging everybody that fished Black Shoals $20 entry fee I wouldn't have problem. You can rent a povillion there for $40 and hold an event and probably pay a $5 gate fee just for coming to it. The water supply from these reservoirs is first and foremost, we understand that and hear it a lot. The water supply is there and is a not issue when it comes to fishing. These facilities were paid for with tax money (your money) and non of us mind paying reasonable rates after taxes to use them. Everything has a cost to operate but don't try to gouge us (the John Boat Clubs) just because we put a lot of boats on these lakes during the year.

spud

I hope all Jon Boat clubs will join us in this fight!

M. Smith

HVBA teams please respond on our discussion board that you are aware of the schedule change.