OWL 3D shoot for disabled sportsman and Wounded warriors

Arrow Flinger

The Commerce GA Chapter of Outdoors Without Limits and the Gainesville Archery Club are hosting a 3D Archery tournament and shoot on August 18th, The event is at the Gainesville archery course at 2125 Calvary Church Road in Gainesville GA.

For those of you not familar with 3D archery, A course is set up winding through woods and natural settings with full size animal targets. Each target has scoring rings and a score is given for each shot taken. It is alot of fun and simulates real hunting situations. We will have 2 different courses. One will be limited mobility for folks in chairs or limited walking ability and a regular access course. We will have 4 classes of shooters. Limited Mobility Crossbow and Limited Moblity compound/traditional. Regular Crossbow and Regular Compound/Traditional. The shooters will shoot the course in groups of 4 with 1 or 2 volunteers along with each group to help in any way needed and too keep score.
I hope to have several NICE prizes for the winners of each division.

For those of you who have never tried archery, this would be a great place to give it a try, we will have several scoped crossbows and shooting sticks available for your use. We will have a practice area set up with instructions for you on shooting a crossbow. If you can shoot a rifle, you can be shooting a crossbow in no time.

I know it will be warm but we will have a cooling area with fans and misters set up for cooling down. We will start early and shoot a morning round and then have an early lunch and then a second round around 12. That way we can finish up before temps get too high. I will also have medical personal on site.
There is no quota on participants so if you apply, you can participate.
Thanks and looking forward to see all of y'all!

cherokee charlie

Particulars Please

AF-
Can you give us more details---cost? what time? What do we need to bring? Can I bring my golf car? etc. I would love to try this. I don't shoot bows.

Arrow Flinger

AF-
Can you give us more details---cost? what time? What do we need to bring? Can I bring my golf car? etc. I would love to try this. I don't shoot bows.

No charge, Registration is 7-7:30AM. We will shoot a morning round and then an early lunch and then a final round around 12 or so. Yes, you can bring your golf cart. I was wanting to find someone that had one to bring so that would be great. I am attaching a copy of the registration. PM me your email address so I can send you everything I send out. I will talk to you Thursday about it.

Attachments

• 2012 3-d shoot Registration Request.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 108