20ga Just dove in!

deast1988

Just picked up a browning BPS upland hunter. Its blued with wood. 22in barrel and shoots up to 3in mags. Its light and very compact. With a year till turkey starts back. What would you guys recommend as a starting point to make this a 40yd killer this spring.

Thanks David

deast1988

Thanks I'm going to try a .555 of some sort start with Feds and maybe try some custom nitros

WFL

560 to 565 and you will be ready.

Blue Petes

Just picked up a browning BPS upland hunter. Its blued with wood. 22in barrel and shoots up to 3in mags. Its light and very compact. With a year till turkey starts back. What would you guys recommend as a starting point to make this a 40yd killer this spring.

Thanks David

Not sure if you know of the site but oldgobbler.com will tell you any and everything you want to know about a turkey gun and if it doesnt then just ask on the forum and someone will know. Im working on a 20ga 870 now and i am amazed what that little gun will do.

Killdee

You can buy a hand full of different chokes and brands chasing numbers or... call William at Sumtoy and let him fix you up right to begin with. I would choke it around the HW Federal 7's unless your interested in handloading TSS. I decided if I'm going 20 Im going all the way, 870s heading to Sumtoy for drill-tap forcing cone and a choke for TSS.

http://www.sumtoycustoms.com/