What are you brewing?

marktaylor99

I have a blueberry honey wheat in the fermenter now- as soon as it is done I have 10lbs + of fresh blueberries and i am going to try my hand at blueberry wine.

What does everyone else have going right now?

blues brother

Not really brewing...I have a gallon of "apple pie" ageing in the fridge.
When my scuppernongs get ripe I'll be working off a jug or three of wine.

rockdawg

I bottled a batch of the continental pilsner last week and started a batch of apple wine. I have a rye pale ale kit I might start tomorrow.
That blueberry honey wheat sounds pretty good.

marktaylor99

Bottled my blueberry honey wheat last week, and am waiting on it to carbonate.
I now have about 5 gals of blueberry wine in the primary. It's fermenting slowly, which I've read is typical with blueberry wine because of some type of acid blueberries have that acts against the yeast. It tastes so good already though...

rockdawg

My pilsner turned out better than I expected. I dry hopped the pale ale last weekend and my apple wine is starting to clear up. Just keep watching the calender waiting on the next steps.....

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Primary:

- 5 gallons Belgian Orange Witty Monk
- 3 gallons Hard Apple Cider (whole foods organic 365)

Secondary:

- 6 gallons Jack Keller Mead
- 3 gallons Japanese Plum wine
- 2 gallons Sweet Plum wine

Bottled and carbing

- 1 gallon Hard Apple Cider (Publix apple juice)

On Deck:

- 5 gallons of porter or Begian Abbey Ale (haven't made up my mind on recipe yet)

Pop

I have

5 gal of apple wine working
5 gal of strawberry fermenting
3 large watermelons on standby that will go into the fermenter hopefully today.

Bottled some good muscadine back in the spring and it is awesome.

bunnyhunter

Just finished 3 gallons of apple pie and 3 gallons of peach. Waiting on the muscadine's to ripen for some muscadine wine.

jkkj

wine

Just finished 3 gallons of apple pie and 3 gallons of peach. Waiting on the muscadine's to ripen for some muscadine wine.

How did the peach turn out? Was it a dry wine? Did you use fresh peaches or canned? I'm asking because I got 3 gallons in the making and don't know what to expect.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
What is apple pie?

If it is what I am thinking it is, it is moonshine that has been sweetened and infused with apples and pie spices.

Tastes just like a homemade apple pie (with a kick). :cool: :cheers:

As for me, I just brewed up my first all-grain brew. It is a Fat Tire clone that was doctored just a bit to give it more of a nutty/bready flavor.

bunnyhunter

Apple pie

1 gallon of apple juice
1 gallon of apple cider
1-2 cups of sugar
apple pie spice or cinnamon spice sticks
1/2 gallon shine

Bring juice and cider to boil, dissolve sugar and add spice. Let cool, strain, add shine. Chill and enjoy

jkkj

apple pie

Apple pie

1 gallon of apple juice
1 gallon of apple cider
1-2 cups of sugar
apple pie spice or cinnamon spice sticks
1/2 gallon shine

Bring juice and cider to boil, dissolve sugar and add spice. Let cool, strain, add shine. Chill and enjoy

Sounds like something that might sneak up on ya...