Terrell County

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was at one of my favorite fishing spots tonight--the Dawson Fish House--and talked with a fella I know that spends a lot of time in the outdoors during the daytime and nighttime. I asked if there was anything he wanted to share...
He said that he has seen a pretty fawn several times over the last couple of weeks. He could have harvested four or five nice deer a night the last couple of nights (if he were that kinda guy, which he isn't.) He's seen some coyotes and bobcats, but not as many hogs since May. In May, he saw a herd with this one sow, where the piglets were like doorsteps, making him think that the piglets had been born bred, there was so many with the different sizes! Since then, he thinks the hogs have gone deeper into the creek bottoms because of the drought. He does know of a man who emptied his rifle three times one morning, harvesting a porker with each shell. He noted that he hasn't been hearing as many of the night birds as he usually does, but there are plenty of crickets and frogs mouthing off. He's not sure if the weather is affecting the birds, or if he just isn't in any one spot long enought to attract the birds' attention. He did tell me that he has seen a lot of wild quail this year, so far, so that's good news since we're wanting the wild birds to make a comeback.
Everbody's needing rain.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got rain this afternoon, plus lightning and thunder and wind! The ground and foliage is good and wet, which is good because of what the well man just told me. We think lightning hit my well motor, and the water has stopped. He said if the ground wasn't wet like it is, there would have been a fire! Thank you, Lord, for the protecting rain!
Sue

Folks over nearwest of Parrott got two inches of rain the other day they told me. Not sure what we got me today.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got rain on Saturday (some folks in the AM, others in the PM) and on Sunday afternoon. Not sure about the measurement, but hopefully enough to do some good.
Sue

Count Down

We got some too in Lee County...I noticed that Randoph got some too.. So glad!

I'll be out to RC on friday afternoon to check on things...

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lee County said:
We got some too in Lee County...I noticed that Randoph got some too.. So glad!

I'll be out to RC on friday afternoon to check on things...

That's good news! Hope you have a good report for us!
Sue

Racor

We got about 1-2" over the weekend here in NW Albany. Friend just a couple miles away got more and in-laws in other direction got less. Seems the wind was the common thing on the saturday night storm. Lots of little branches all over the yard.

Nice to see everything green up!

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
After the dry spell, this is the seventh straight day we have had of late afternoon storms and rain. Love the rain, but my bank account says no more lightning strikes for a while, please!
Sue

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Sue, we`ve been gettin` litle rain in the evenins`, but more lightnin` and wind than rain.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's amazing what a few miles difference can make! My driveway looks good and soaked after last night's and this afternoon's rain. Hope it helps the water levels some.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
No rain in my part of the country today. Driveway still looks damp. Saw three beautiful deer tonight coming home, crossing the road.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
No rain at Piney Grove Farm today or yesterday. The driveway is no longer damp-looking. (Lord, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about the rain!) Talked to some folks they have had a total of 1/2 inch--what came this past week--in two months.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Monday night, 07/24, I talked with someone who had just returned from Panama City, FL, for the weekend. He told me that there wasn't a dry spot on any of the highways between here and there when he was coming through that afternoon.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We just got about an inch of rain here finally, and it looks like more is on the way.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
No rain today here. Some folks in Dawson told me tonight that Mama Nature was doing a lot of false advertising, with the bad-looking clouds, thunder, and lightning this afternoon, but no water show.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just got back from eating a good lunch at the Chinaberry Cafe, which has moved from Parrott to Dawson. (I know that's a little bit further for you nw Terrell County hunters to drive, but remember--they're worth it). Got a good shower there that lasted about fifteen minutes.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had rain last night. I talked with a deputy today. He told me that he had seen three bucks the other night on GA 45 South (between Dawson and Morgan) that would have been 7 and 8 pointers. Another deputy told me that they were seeing some still in velvet.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Talked with a widow lady who was checking out her farm today before lunch--she saw one big buck with a nice rack and four little ones following him!
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We've been blessed with some rain off and on this past week. Some places got 2 to 3 inches in one day. I talked with a deputy tonight; he told me he was out in the country checking on a lady, and he saw a nice doe, followed by two little fawns, not much bigger than a small dog. Pretty!
Sue