Can anyone identify this dagger?

LadyGunner

Hey ya'll - acquired this interesting piece at an estate auction. The older gentleman who was getting rid of the house contents - said he purchased it at auction many many moons ago & he thought it was old then.

The blade is all one piece thru the handle -- the handle is wrapped with leather

Can anyone identify this? have any ideas of its origin? Approx value?

I left it dirty for now - the edges do have some sharpness to them -- I can take a better picture if needed.

Any input would be appreciated! :)

Attachments

• old-dagger.jpg
    old-dagger.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 480

Corvus

Not sure about age or anything like that but I can say that you need to leave it dirty, the value of it lies in all the dirt and color on it.

LadyGunner

Not sure about age or anything like that but I can say that you need to leave it dirty, the value of it lies in all the dirt and color on it.

Thx Corvus - makes sense. usually do leave old dirt on items - but cant help myself its a natural thing that I like to clean knives :D

Havana Dude

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-North-African-Sahara-Desert-Arm-Dagger-Sheath-/300497009528

This is as close as I can get on info with minimal digging for info. E-bay is hardly THE resource for info, but do a google search for African arm dagger value, maybe you will find something more. I saw others listed on one site, that hovered in the 150 range, BUT, they were not this exact dagger. And by the way, I am clueless about this stuff, just got lucky, EXTREMELY lucky when I searched it. The first page I pulled up had hundreds listed, and this one came up on the second one I clicked on. Blind luck is all it is.

HALOJmpr

Call the Sean dude from Pawn Stars. Better yet take a fun trip to vegas and get on the show with it :)

LadyGunner

I've brought some stuff to Auction kings in ATL at the beginning of the summer. Some stuff does good and other stuff mot so much. I think this will go on ebay this week. Thx ya'll for the help! :D