Thanks for the Forum

cml32063

Just wanted to say thanks for making this forum happen. I am the President of a Dog Club in SE Ga and have been a member of the forums for a while. I haven't posted in years, because the last time I posted I got fed up with the "Anti-Dog Hunter-Only kill 175 Class B&C" establishment on deer hunting forum. I have been waiting for them to start bashing on us..::ke:

flhunter82

Have you ever noticed how us dog men seem to be a tougher sort than those who sit in trees and bash us.

fredw

Retired Moderator
cml32063, welcome back. I trust you'll feel completely at home with a group of hunters who enjoy the fine old sport of mixing hounds and deer.

As far as bashing goes, you won't see any here. We enjoy hunting mixed with deer, hounds, frosty mornings, and the smell of fresh gun powder in a shotgun shell. Others choose to hunt differently, with different objectives, and as long as it's legal it's good.

We won't see any bashing of other folks who may have different ways of hunting/managing the herd either.

When does your season open?

cml32063

Yes and I will tell yall the situation. A member had posted that he leased a small piece of land next to a dog hunting club. If I remember correctly this was the first time he had leased his own land and had never been around dog hunting. Well as hunting seasoned progressed the dogs were coming on his land messing up his hunt and he was looking for advice. The anti dog hunters were advice was to shoot the dogs and that will teach them a lesson. My advice to him was:
#1 Go talk to the president of the club man to man, be polite and tell him your problem and I bet he will be more than willing to help. 99% of Dog Hunters are good salt of the earth people that will bend over backwards to help you. Of course like all other aspects of life there are the 1% that give the others a bad name.
#2 Do Not Shoot the Dogs things will go from bad to worse quickly and I would hurt someone who hurt my dogs.

Of course #2 got interpreted by some as I would shoot someone over my dogs, I don't have any respect for human life, etc. and I was just your typical ignorant redneck dog hunter who gives hunting in general a bad name. etc. So that was it for my posting until now, I feel like I am back among my peeps.:banana:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Just a thought for all who might post in this thread. I'm just a grumpy old man today.....beware of what you post and keep the forum rules in mind. Thanks for your support:smash:

flhunter82

NOPE needs no further explanation

cml32063

River Woods..My Family Started the club in 1982..Our 30th season this year...Only place I have ever hunted, tons of memories.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Just a thought for all who might post in this thread. I'm just a grumpy old man today.....beware of what you post and keep the forum rules in mind. Thanks for your support:smash:

Fred,

dont tell them but that is why we chose you to be a mod...................:biggrin2:

swampdaddy

grumpy?

I aint never seen Mr Fred grumpy.........Yet. I hope we dont have to.

Latest posts