Seven dead in shooting at Sikh temple

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
As a Christian, what are your thoughts and reactions to hearing of this occurring today (Sunday)????

mtnwoman

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I think we should allow CC in church.

Huntinfool

Me too....

I'm also repulsed by the new "norm" that we are seeing in our country. Let's be honest...how many of us where shocked when we heard the news? Would that have been the case 15 years ago?

The new norm is that the US is slowly becoming just like many other countries around the world. Terrorism within our borders is becoming "normal".

JB0704

I Gots Goats
It made me very sad. It would be tragic regardless of who the victims were, but this seemed like an act of total ignorance based on social or religious affiliation....which makes it no better or worse, just.....sad.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
It just goes to prove that America is not what we sometimes say it is. We want it to be what it use to be, but it just ain't so. Certainly I hope this man acted alone and no one will attempt to justify what he did, but I'm afraid it's still a mark against American society.

My prayers are with all those who's lives have been hurt by this man.

I'm interested to hear what his twisted justification will be.

Huntinfool

"they ain't like me" or "just giving them a dose of their own medicine" will likely be the answer he gives.

I'm just hoping he doesn't pull out the ever popular "God told me to..."

hunter rich

Me too....

I'm also repulsed by the new "norm" that we are seeing in our country. Let's be honest...how many of us where shocked when we heard the news? Would that have been the case 15 years ago?

The new norm is that the US is slowly becoming just like many other countries around the world. Terrorism within our borders is becoming "normal".

^^ This...along with teen pregnancy, Saggy pants, Welfare abuse...add infinitum...

hunter rich

"they ain't like me" or "just giving them a dose of their own medicine" will likely be the answer he gives.

I'm just hoping he doesn't pull out the ever popular "God told me to..."

I dont think "He" will be giving any reason...I believe the Police took him out.

Huntinfool

Oh yeh....forgot about that. Let's hope, then, that he didn't leave a manifesto that says it!

StriperAddict

Something went horribly wrong with this ex-Army man who had such high praise and commendations for his service. White supremacy is a blemish on our society, and I won't judge or speculate how he turned in that direction.
I imagine his parents are devistated. (I cannot judge them either.) My hope is that they will understand God's mercy/grace and love in spite of this terrible act of their son. Prayers for them and all those families affected by the shooting...

::;

mtnwoman

It made me very sad. It would be tragic regardless of who the victims were, but this seemed like an act of total ignorance based on social or religious affiliation....which makes it no better or worse, just.....sad.

I agree.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

My thoughts are very similar to those when I heard of the Colorado shooting. There are demons and spiritual wickedness influencing whomever they can to kill and destroy. Believers might want to pray and battle them by the Holy Spirit in heavenly places so that they might not come to your town. We might also want to add urgency to our mission and give Christ to others before they become victims, as none of us know our days.

I also feel for the families who lost someone they love. It is these who must carry on. Hpoefully all of them will somehow find their strength in Christ through this tragedy.

stringmusic

When I hear things like this, I think of this verse

1 Peter 5:8

New International Version (NIV)

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

mountainraider68

They took the bible and prayer out of our schools what do they expect would happen? Guns arnt the problem weapons of any kind are not the problem! Its soceity in general! Like most people dont think of it in out generation , But we go and watch movies that use Gods name in vain. If they had any clue how amazing and holy his name is they could fall over dead where they stood from saying it the way they do! If it were the 1950s and we seen a show or movie using his name ppl would run out screaming crying why is this happening!?! But were just being brainwashed everyday by all these things and making them a normality to sin. As a young man thats in love with God its hard to keep a steady relationship with him as i am bombbarded with sin and things that make my Gods stomach turn. When im just wanting to please him and seek him out everyday! This world is getting worse fast so make sure that your doing all you can to please God and win souls for him, Worship him and praise him as much as you can because he is worthy! Lets be the light and salt of the earth and just pray my Jesus makes it back soon! Just some thoughts from a young man in love with CHRIST!

rjcruiser

They took the bible and prayer out of our schools what do they expect would happen?

Welcome to the fray:cool:

....but....I don't think that prayer in school and the Bible in school is the issue.

Our children aren't supposed to learn about the Bible at school. The main place for them to learn it isn't even at church.

The place children are to learn the Bible and to learn of Christ's love for the church is in the home. Parents are the issue. We have a responsibility to train up our children to love God. It is easy to see in our society today that parents have neglected that responsibility and would rather farm off their child rearing to the local daycare and VBS.

stringmusic

They took the bible and prayer out of our schools what do they expect would happen? Guns arnt the problem weapons of any kind are not the problem! Its soceity in general! Like most people dont think of it in out generation , But we go and watch movies that use Gods name in vain. If they had any clue how amazing and holy his name is they could fall over dead where they stood from saying it the way they do! If it were the 1950s and we seen a show or movie using his name ppl would run out screaming crying why is this happening!?! But were just being brainwashed everyday by all these things and making them a normality to sin. As a young man thats in love with God its hard to keep a steady relationship with him as i am bombbarded with sin and things that make my Gods stomach turn. When im just wanting to please him and seek him out everyday! This world is getting worse fast so make sure that your doing all you can to please God and win souls for him, Worship him and praise him as much as you can because he is worthy! Lets be the light and salt of the earth and just pray my Jesus makes it back soon! Just some thoughts from a young man in love with CHRIST!

Good post my man!:cool:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
....but....I don't think that prayer in school and the Bible in school is the issue.

Our children aren't supposed to learn about the Bible at school. The main place for them to learn it isn't even at church.

I agree.

Regardless of your faith, or lack of it, a child's education is ultimately the parent's responsibility.

JB0704

I Gots Goats

I wish you hung out in the AAA forum a little more often.....things have been a bit dead in there lately. :D