Iron Clay Peas at 14 days...

Jim Boyd

Hey Folks,

Here are a few pea patches I have going.

I think they are getting a break because the deer are in the peanut fields so hard...

Hope everyone's plots are doing well and you have been getting some of this recent rain.

Best of luck...

Jim

Attachments

• Lake Plot 2 r.jpg
    Lake Plot 2 r.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,958
  • Lake Plot 3 r.jpg
    Lake Plot 3 r.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 961
  • Lake Plot r.jpg
    Lake Plot r.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 852
  • pines r.jpg
    pines r.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,410
  • Pines 2 r.jpg
    Pines 2 r.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,522

Big Doe Down

Great looking plots! I have 2 pieces of property that I plant and hunt, one is on a farm in Marion County, and the other is strictly hunting land just 10 minutes down the road on the Chattahoochee County line. The pea patches I planted in Marion County look exactly like yours do. With all the peanuts close by the deer aren't hitting the peas much at all yet. In Chattahoochee County there aren't any crops close by and those patches are getting wore slap out. One of them in almost entirely gone already and will more than likely be useless by opening day.

Jim Boyd

Good point, BDD... you can always plant them again 2 weeks or so before you start bow hunting... or 2 weeks before you start gun hunting.

They may get nipped by frost but it sounds like your deer are gonna eat them up anyway.

Good luck!

Core Lokt

Spread sludge or milorganite on small pea patches to let them get a jump on growing. Looks good as always Jim.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
good looking plots !!!