Black & White Ebony From MKW (pic heavy)

M Sharpe

This one has been in the works for a while. Mike asked if I wanted a B/W Ebony trumpet. I told him, yes. We then kicked around what type ferrule to use. He suggested ferrulless. Here she is. Beautiful trumpet, super easy to play, true turkey sounds coming out of this one. Little more rasp than the mopani one that I have from Mike. I like to have lost this one to the wife as well. *lol* I posted the last photo to show the difference between the two sizes that Mike offers. Some were not aware of the two sizes.
IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

fredw

Retired Moderator
If that one talks half as good as it looks it is going to be the cause of many turkey deaths.

Got to love a MKW trumpet.

six

I like that a lot. How do the two sizes vary in tone?

M Sharpe

Ronnie, I can't tell any difference. I have a mopani one in the bigger size. The one here is cocobola. They are not any bigger than a Cox or a McLain.

six

I have one of the smaller diameter ones and really like the sound and how easy it is to use,didn't know if the size difference changed anything or not. Now I just need to get mine back home from Kentucky.

J Gilbert

I've got a delrin trumpet from Mike that sounds great when I've been practicing. Looking at those makes me want to get one turned from wood too

Gaswamp

Love it...If I ever get another one it will be from either Mike or Matt.