Concrete driveway - what is the going rate

harryrichdawg

If I calculate correctly, you need 3 yards of concrete. Last I checked, it's about $100/yard delivered. Do you need bobcat work or can you just form it up and pour it? Formwork is easy to do. If you do a little internet research, I'd bet you could figure out how to do it. Then, find yourself someone who wants a little cash to help pour and level it. I'd recommend Jeff Henderson. I'd bet he would send out one or two of his hispanic guys for a few hours and not charge too much.

bml

If I calculate correctly, you need 3 yards of concrete. Last I checked, it's about $100/yard delivered. Do you need bobcat work or can you just form it up and pour it? Formwork is easy to do. If you do a little internet research, I'd bet you could figure out how to do it. Then, find yourself someone who wants a little cash to help pour and level it. I'd recommend Jeff Henderson. I'd bet he would send out one or two of his hispanic guys for a few hours and not charge too much.

Or you could hire an American, or a legal immigrant. I'm fairly sure there is a lot of unemployed, highly skilled concrete workers who would give you a fair price to do the work.

HALOJmpr

Buford. Down here flat work on concrete is going for about 4.50 a foot. That would come out to $1100 or so for what you asked. As said before though .... it's only $300 worth of concrete and the rest is grading (usually no more than 4" included) and labor. The $100 is a little high for here but that would be close for fiber mix. That would be the way I go instead of reinforcing wire though.

You should be able to rent a bull float and do it yourself or with just a helper for a slab that size. But if you get quotes you may find someone in need of the work and give you a better price.

Good luck.

coltday

If you're in a rush and can spare the funds, it would be very easy to pay the $1,100 or so. But if you are wanting to save as much and don't mind doing a little work it could really save you. Forming it up and digging the footers isn't bad at all. Find someone good to help you with the finishing and offer them $200. You could come out with only $800 or less in the whole shebang, and learn a new skill for future references.