Discharge firearm near houses

merc123

I looked up Gordon county on Municode and can't find anything labeled firearm or weapon in the code. I was thinking it was 200 feet from a house but wasn't sure if it was a county ordinance or not.

I did have a city officer tell me that if I'm not in the city limits to unload a shotgun into the air at my house to get the neighbors to quit playing music.

Any where else I can look it up?

SarahFair

You could call the county zoning or code enforcement.

My neighbor shoots off his back porch. Doesn't botherme as long as he keeps it pointed towards the woods

lbzdually

Banned
Muriatic acid bomb. Not really a bomb, just a noisemaker. Get a gatorade bottle or something with pretty thick plastic so they pressure will build up before it exlodes pretty good. Shred aluminum foil into bottle, then pour enough muriatic acid to cover foil good. Put lid on and walk away. it takes about 1-3 minutes to blow. You could get 3-4 bottles ready and line them on your side of the property line then go along filling up with acid. You will be in the house and out of the way when they go off. Sounds like a shotgun going off. If you don't want to bother with acid, then get a long air cord and put a basketball type air filler nipple in a coke lid. Put the nipple on each bottle as you go and have a valve you can flip to fill remotely. You can only do one at a time this way, though, with the acid you can make as many as you want.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I would always be concerned about unloading any sort of gun into the air.
All that stuff has to come back down some place.

jigman29

Muriatic acid bomb sounds interesting!

Dry ice bombs work just as well and aren't near as dangerous.We were fooling with the acid bombs when I was younger and burned ourselves enough to scare us lol.I have been leary of them ever since.

Last edited:

merc123

I would always be concerned about unloading any sort of gun into the air.
All that stuff has to come back down some place.
Yeah, I don't shoot anything up into the air. It it travels a mile up into the air it's going to come down at a pretty good velocity.

Dry ice bombs work just as well and aren't near as dangerous.We were fooling with the acid bombs when I was younger and burned ourselves enough to scare us lol.I have been leary of them ever since.

I saw them too on YouTube. The dry ice around here is harder to come by.

merc123

I didn't see any in there last time. I'll check again. Just seemed the foil/acid was cheaper for me. I have tons of aluminum foil and the acid is pretty cheap. Plus it lasts a while.

PappyHoel

Muriatic acid bomb. Not really a bomb, just a noisemaker. Get a gatorade bottle or something with pretty thick plastic so they pressure will build up before it exlodes pretty good. Shred aluminum foil into bottle, then pour enough muriatic acid to cover foil good. Put lid on and walk away. it takes about 1-3 minutes to blow. You could get 3-4 bottles ready and line them on your side of the property line then go along filling up with acid. You will be in the house and out of the way when they go off. Sounds like a shotgun going off. If you don't want to bother with acid, then get a long air cord and put a basketball type air filler nipple in a coke lid. Put the nipple on each bottle as you go and have a valve you can flip to fill remotely. You can only do one at a time this way, though, with the acid you can make as many as you want.

That right there will get you thrown in the slammer and charged with a felony. Don't believe me ask the teenagers in Gwinnett cty that were arrested for doing something similar.

Forget the acid or dry ice , you can do the same thing with a piece of a chlorine pool tablet and a little water in a plastic bottle.
It is a risky scenario though , some take several seconds to build enough pressure to pop , some extremely quick, Google chlorine bombs.Personally #9 birdshot shot upward is safer.. - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - #6 rains down on you all day on the dove field with no damage

lbzdually

Banned
That right there will get you thrown in the slammer and charged with a felony. Don't believe me ask the teenagers in Gwinnett cty that were arrested for doing something similar.

That's idiotic. All you are doing is creating air pressure to the point where the bottle pops like a balloon. I guess someone who overfills a dryrotted tire and it explodes could be charged too. When we did it, we actually taped nails and tacks all over the bottle and put a piece of plywood near it and the stuff would not even stick in wood at 1 ft.

Georgia Hard Hunter

a lot of you guys have some real big issues. I don't think the thread is about noisy neighbors its about how close to a house you can discharge a firearm. For noisy neighbors MANUP and go over there and ask them to hold it down