This Weekend - Wounded Warriors Hunt..Valdosta (Update 11/27/12)

Gulfin

Put this in the deer section but thought I might put it here in case anyone is interested or knows someone who may be. Thanks for looking.

Our club would like to set up a hunt in order to get to know a few of our nation’s heroes and maybe give back just a little.

We would like to set this up for the weekend of December 1-2, 2012. Later weekends might be an option but this is the 1st weekend other than opening weekend and Thanksgiving that I could get enough members there at the same time to help out with everything.

We are looking for 4 people who would like to take part in a weekend of hunting. Saturday AM and PM, and Sunday AM hunts. Friday PM or Sunday PM may be an option too depending on member and guest schedules.

- Veterans (All are welcome however disabled vets will be given priority) WE DO APPRECIATE THE SACRIFICES OF YOU ALL!!
- Critical/Terminal/Special Needs Children

If you are or know someone that might be interested please PM me with your contact information and I will get with you as quick as I can.

Us: We have approx. 2000 acres in one block near Statenville, GA in Echols County. We are located about 10 miles east of 75 from exit 2, roughly 18 miles SE of Valdosta. Our club has 10 members. It has a wide range of terrain and we have 35 permanent stands in place. Our stands are a mix of lock ons, single and double ladders, and shooting houses/towers. We also have several ground blinds we can set up as needed. At that point we should have approx. 20-25 food plots growing ranging in size from ¼ - 4 acres. We have a comfortable camp with a full bathhouse and skinning station. We might even have a game or two on during the day.

Our offer:
- At least 3 hunts unless you are able to shoot a deer earlier.
- As our guests we will place you first in stands we feel will offer you the best opportunity at a deer taking into account the hunter’s physical limitations or preferences if any.
- You will be able to shoot whatever deer you choose should one present itself. We don't have any hogs.
- We will take care of breakfast bars/juice/fruit type stuff Saturday and Sunday mornings, and a nice lunch and dinner on Saturday. We like to cook so it should be a pretty good deal.
- We will provide a hotel room for the hunter and guest on Saturday night if needed. Hotel is located about 10-12 miles west of us. It’s not the Ritz but should be clean and comfortable.
- Retrieve, skin, and bone out any deer killed. (Unless of course you want to handle it!!!)
- Any special accommodations we are able to.
- A sincere attempt to provide a real nice weekend for you.

What you need:
- Get there.
- A Georgia hunting license or whatever makes you legal.
- Whatever you want to shoot with. We will gladly let you use one of our rifles if you need one.
- A signed liability release. (We’ll get it to you)
- Anything in particular you might want.
- I think that’s it.

Keep in mind: Although we will do everything we can to make it a great time for everyone involved, we aren’t Bill Jordan’s farm so we don’t have thousands of deer running around and we don’t have great numbers of 150 class deer. Actually, we don’t have any 150 class deer. You might see 1, 2, 3, or 4 deer or you might see 0. This is just our second year here and we are working to improve our habitat and herd but we aren’t there yet. My promise to you is that we will 100% put you in spots where we honestly feel you will have the best chance at a deer. Might be a doe, button buck, or a 4 pointer but hopefully we’ll get you on a deer. Shoot it if you want to.

I would say come expecting to enjoy the experience and if we manage to kill a deer together consider that a bonus. I wish I could offer more, maybe next year. Also, this is our first go round with this so we may not be as organized as some of the professional deals out there but we’ll do our best. Hey it’s hunting camp right?

We look forward to meeting you!!

Best of luck to everyone this season!

Last edited:

Davans

Great thing you are doing here. We do this at our club in Newton County and it has made for some great times and memories for us all.

If you will send me your contact info I will pass it along to our contact with the Wounded Warriors Project.

Thanks for your support.

Davans

You should hear from him soon. Let me know if there is anything we can help out with.

Thanks for the support.

Gulfin

You should hear from him soon. Let me know if there is anything we can help out with.

Thanks for the support.

Spoke with Joe a little while ago and sent him our info. Hopefully we can get something worked out. Thanks again!

Please let me know if you still need some children for the hunt. I work with C. Mo's Kids and we are always trying to help our children with special needs or terminally ill to go out on hunts with local groups. Please check us out at www.cmokids.org
I can PM you the founder's number too if you would like.
This is a wonderful thing you are doing and I wish you the best of luck.
~ Hilery

Gulfin

Please let me know if you still need some children for the hunt. I work with C. Mo's Kids and we are always trying to help our children with special needs or terminally ill to go out on hunts with local groups. Please check us out at www.cmokids.org
I can PM you the founder's number too if you would like.
This is a wonderful thing you are doing and I wish you the best of luck.
~ Hilery

PM sent

Gulfin

Thanks again for the kind words, encouragement, and suggestions. I was put in touch with a Wounded Warrior representative and we're getting it set up. I appreciate the offers of help and while I think we'll have it covered anyone that wants to be in the area on Saturday is certainly welcome to come on by. The more, the merrier! Shoot me a pm and we'll get you some directions.

Happy hunting everybody!

Gulfin

The weekend is almost here. If anybody is in the area please feel free to come on by. Saturday evening is the big dinner so give me a call if you're interested in hanging out. The more the merrier.

Kevan - 813-625-1648

nkbigdog

I was invited down to hunt South Georgia this past weekend. Kevan , Kevin, and Wayne and Ladies were the hosts. I have never been so humbled at the red carpet treatment bestowed upon me Tony and Steve. From the beginning to the end was a wonderful time..I honor Veterans all the time with Nam Knights of America club I belong to. I find great satisfaction in honoring them for their service to this country of ours. Not quite use to it being done for me..Hunting was great, food out of this world, fantastic camp and I can go on and on and on..They are the real deal, I will always cherish fond memories of the time I had there. This old Nam Vet humbly thanks you for a wonderful time, brothers and sisters you will always be..Thank you Phil

Gulfin

Tearing up here my friend. Thank you for the kind words but it was our pleasure all the way. We truly appreciate you taking the time to come spend the weekend with us and thank you again for your service. We'll have to try it again soon!

Latest posts