dangit

britej

well... I had my gyps in a pen by themselves and one came in heat. sometime during the night, 3 males dug out of their pen and dug into her pen and all bred her. This could not have happened at a worst time (week or so ago).. I figure she would have these pups ONE week before deer season. My question... can I take her with the pack when we run them in a couple of weeks for excersize?

cml32063

All I can tell you is what my grandpa always told me and I quote "Take her and run her right before she has them and they will come here running"

grouper throat

I'd run her if she was mine. I've seen guys run a female up to a few weeks before they dropped. Do they make a dog abortion shot? Lol

britej

then im running her. I have since cut some hog panels and floored my pens to stop the digging, but seed has been planted. I was wanting to breed her to a beagle to get some beagle walker pups... but those walkers have no quit in them and won. Note to self: a walker dog will chew through chicken wire to breed!! (before the hog panels I had chicken wire out two feet and up one to stop dig outs) I live on 83 acres of east texas sand.. and they can dig like a dozer.

britej

Throat, I knew about the shot and considered it.. but I made a father's error and told my kids we would be having pups in 60 days (8 yo girl and 11 yo boy) another note to self: SHUTUP sometimes

simpleman30

I'd run her if she was mine. I've seen guys run a female up to a few weeks before they dropped. Do they make a dog abortion shot? Lol

they do have those shots if you can find a vet that will give them. supposedly you have to give it to them within a few days of when you think she was bred. i had a 9 month old female pup come in heat about 3 years ago and caught her and one of my escape-artist males locked up. not sure if she was ever bred, but i took her to a vet and she gave her a shot to terminate the pregnancy. it caused her to stay in heat for a while, but she never had any pups that go round. she got bred again late last season and now i've got three 7 month old pups. i had heard it would affect a female's ability to conceive later, but she had 5 pups and 3 of them are still around.