PDA

View Full Version : Other uses for cube steak other then frying?

Arrow3
07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Ive got a freezer full of cube steak from last year...Me and Jessica are trying to cut down on fried foods so i don't want to fry it....Anyone got any other ways to cook it?? Can you grill it?? I know I can make it into deer poppers but there is only so many poppers we can eat...:D

dutchman
07-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Sorry, dude, but the only way to properly prepare cube steak is to batter and fry it, country style. Then serve it with mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy. If y'all can't hack that, I'll come over and pick up all of your supply and properly dispose of it!:D

sowega hunter
07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Put in the crock pot with onions and cream of mushroom soup. Cook until the meat is falling apart and serve over rice. Also you can cook it in baking bags for pork chops, they come with seasoning I'm not sure brand, my wife buys them, just follow directions. Sowega.

creekrunner
07-27-2006, 07:45 PM
salt , pepper and a little oregano on the meat, slow cook it in a skillet with a can of cream of mushroom soup and cut up onion and bell pepper.
eat it on rice

dutchman
07-27-2006, 07:57 PM
These boys are lying to you, Arrow3! I'm telling you, my way is best!!!!!

CAL
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Cut into tiny pieces and brown in a little margarine.Add to a 16oz.pkg.mixed vegetables,can of tomato sauce a little water ,favorite seasoning slow cook for an hr.or so and presto,pot of homemade soup hard to beat.For a little more flavor add a little cured ham cut in tiny pieces.

One draw back,don't ya'll hurt ya selves eating too much!

WTM45
07-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Place in crock pot, layers of potato, carrots, celery, onion and the cube steaks with your favorite spices. Add a little beer, and slow cook just like a pot roast.

huntnnut
07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
What Dutch said, beside ya'll are to young to worry about the fried stuff...:D

dutchman
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Don't listen to these people, Arrow 3! Step away from the freezer slowly. I'll be happy to get over there to take that evil cube steak away and get it out of your young lives forever!

I'm here to help...:bounce:

Arrow3
07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks Gene....:rofl:

dutchman
07-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks Gene....:rofl:
Don't mention it. Just trying to help a friend.:D

beginnersluck
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
You can always "shake and bake" and you can help. :bounce: I love the pork chops that way...guess cubed steak would work ok, too. You can also bake it in cream of mushroom and eat it over rice...mmm mmm good!

gmcpipkin
07-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Marinate it just like you would any steak. Grill it over a hot fire for just a few minutes on each side. It don't take long. No doubt that Dutchmans way is the best but this aint half bad.

dutchman
07-27-2006, 10:10 PM
No doubt that Dutchmans way is the best...

See. I been trying to tell you. I'm just glad that others recognize my greatness...:D

CAL
07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Don't need no comments for my soup!If ya try it, it will speak for itself!!!!!

FESTUSHAGGIN
07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
if dutch cant handle all of it ill help dispose of it. asking what to do with cubed steak is kinda like asking which end is the businiess end of a rifle. aint but one way and thats batter, fry , mashed taters sawmill gravy and biscuits. make you slap yo mama

specialk
07-28-2006, 09:59 AM
cut into stips,marinate in dale's seasoning, wrap in bacon and grill till bacon is done.....

Jim Thompson
07-28-2006, 10:01 AM
may as well just throw it away

SBG
07-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Grind it into burger and make meat loaf or sketti or zonya or ziti or taco meat or...

Mrs. Arrow3
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
What Dutch said, beside ya'll are to young to worry about the fried stuff...:D

Sadly, we're not. Brandon has high blood pressure, and heart disease runs rampant in my family. I've had high cholesterol since I was young, as do several of the women and all of the men in my family. Therefore, we're both at high risk, especially me. We're both already taking medicine for our respective issues, but eating right and exercising does nothing but help. Besides, we've got a wedding coming up in March that we need to look our best for! :D

And Milton? Brandon's not that young anymore...:rofl: :rofl:

patterstdeer
07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Another good way to eat cubesteak is to saute a bunch of onion in butter marinate the cubesteak in tereyake sauce then put them together until the cubesteak is don just be careful not to overcook them.

bigox911
07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm gonna share somethin with ya that I'm not sure if I should. The secret deer rollup recipe...

Marinate cube steak in mesquite
Cut slivers of onion and green pepper about the length of your thumb
Cut cubes of cream cheese about the size of half your thumb

Marinate for at least a couple of hours or so. Get a cutting board and put down a strip of bacon. Then take the strips of cube steak put a piece of the cream cheese, an onion sliver, and a pepper sliver on the cube steak crossways. Then roll up the cube steak with the bacon on the outside and secure it all with a toofpick. Grill for about 15-20 minutes or until done. It is better than fryin...guaranteed and better for you. Just takes a bit to prepare. I've had people who swear to hate deer love this way to preparation. Enjoy!

Nicodemus
07-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Ox, that right there sounds fittin` to eat. :cheers:

hunter rich
07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
may as well just throw it away

I agree with Jim, I'll bring you my trash can so you wont have to get yours all messy...:rolleyes:

Vapor 300
07-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I like a take cubed steak and put it in a freezer bag . put in some french salad dressing and Everglades seasoning. Put it in the frig over night than grill it . :cool:

bigox911
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Ox, that right there sounds fittin` to eat. :cheers:
Understatement of the year :rofl: Man I like just gettin one that is left over and just eating it right out of the fridge for a midnight snack. MMM

duckbill
07-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Forget frying it!:hair: Yes, that's what I said::gone: .

Marinade it in some Dale's or Moore's or any sodium based product for about 1/2 hour. Throw them on a hot grill for about 3 minutes on each side. That's how we eat it at camp and at home.:cheers: :clap:

fatboy84
07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Sorry, dude, but the only way to properly prepare cube steak is to batter and fry it, country style. Then serve it with mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy. If y'all can't hack that, I'll come over and pick up all of your supply and properly dispose of it!:D

I'm with you on this Dutchman.......Battered and fried, onions and gravy, with maters, cucumbers in vinegar , biscuits and mashed taters.

Course if you ain't gonna fry it, then put it in a pot with Golden Mushroom soup and cook it like a roast with oinions, potatoes, and carrots.

PWalls
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM
I have used it in chili before. Instead of ground deer or stew meat. Just cut it into bite-size chunks and then slow cook that chili all day. Is real good.

But to be honest, fried with mashed potatos and gravy is the best way.:cool: :cool:

FERAL ONE
08-01-2006, 11:33 PM
i got this recipe from recipezaar. we love to fry ours but this venison parmesan is fine :fine: :fine: :fine:
Mix together 3 Tbsp.
parmesan cheese with 1 cup bread crumbs.
In bowl, beat 2 eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
Dip venison in eggs, then bread crumbs.
Heat 6 Tbsp.
olive oil in skillet till hot.
Fry venison 5 mins.
each side till brown.
Then place venison on a cookie sheet, spoon spaghetti sauce over venison and bake in 325 degree oven till tender, I usually bake 15 or 20 mins.
Then add mozzeralla cheese and bake till cheese melts.

RJY66
08-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Sadly, we're not. Brandon has high blood pressure, and heart disease runs rampant in my family. I've had high cholesterol since I was young, as do several of the women and all of the men in my family. Therefore, we're both at high risk, especially me. We're both already taking medicine for our respective issues, but eating right and exercising does nothing but help. Besides, we've got a wedding coming up in March that we need to look our best for! :D

And Milton? Brandon's not that young anymore...:rofl: :rofl:

I don't know ya'll or what your diet is like but I respectfully suggest that you look at eliminating refined sugar from your diet if ya'll want to lose weight and get your cholesterol, blood pressure, and other risk factors in line. When I say sugar, I don't just mean junk food, soft drinks, and beer, but also heavy refined starches such as white breads, starchy potatoes, pasta, white rice,etc. These are converted into sugar by the body. I would be willing to bet that these are causing ya'll more problems than the deer steak.

I would say have the deer steak but instead of eating biscuits and gravy (which I love:banginghe ) eat salad and vegetables with it. When you do fry something use olive oil or peanut oil NOT crisco or any other oil with the words "partially hydrongenated" in its list of ingredients.

This is pretty much the "South Beach Diet" philosophy and it has worked very well for me. I would recommend that you read that book if you have not. I would be willing to bet that the both of you could get off your medication if you follow it. Of course, ask you doctor(s).

GA1dad
08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
In a "large" crockpot, combine Northern Beans, a couple of pounds of cube steak, onions and salt&peper to taste. Get out a "large" cast iron skillet and make up your best cornbread. Call us all when you're ready to serve it!!! I'll bring some Chow-Chow!!

Lthomas
08-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Okay here ya go.
I'm not much for fried foods but their is a lot a person can do with Cube steak.
Here is my fav
One lb cube steak browned in skillet.
One can tomato soup. Empty Tomato soup, and Cube steak into casserole dish. Along with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt pepper, garlic powder, and what ever else suites your fancy. Cook covered for 30 mins @ 400 degrees. Remove from oven and add half cup of sharp and half cup of mozzarella. cheese. Stir in real good.
Serve over rice.

Cheeeeezzzzyyyyy Cube steak.

centerc
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
use it for deer jerky it works just pound it flatter with a cube mallet.

Oldstick
08-09-2006, 12:51 PM
I have used it in chili before. Instead of ground deer or stew meat. Just cut it into bite-size chunks and then slow cook that chili all day. Is real good.

But to be honest, fried with mashed potatos and gravy is the best way.:cool: :cool:

All the other recipes sound great and one look at me will tell you I am not too familiar with diets. But in keeping with your goal, I would have to say the above is the best idea, use it in a low-fat chili or soup recipe. Grilling without coating with butter or bacon will make it too dry and tough.

Nitro
08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
I cannot believe that all of you "Fried Venison Cube Steak" aficianados forgot the most important ingredient.........

Slathering the cube in French's Yellow mustard before battering and frying.

By God, that is heaven right there.

Paymaster
08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Ive got a freezer full of cube steak from last year...Me and Jessica are trying to cut down on fried foods so i don't want to fry it....Anyone got any other ways to cook it?? Can you grill it?? I know I can make it into deer poppers but there is only so many poppers we can eat...:D
If it ain't fried, it might as well be used for catfish bait.:D

teethdoc
08-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Put it in a crockpot with a large sliced up onion, green pepper, red pepper, and one pack of fajita seasoning such as French's, 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar.
Start it on low in the am, and when you get home from work throw it over some tortillas w/ sour cream and salsa.

I've made Venison parmesean out of it like someone has mentioned, and it's just like veal.

whitworth
09-06-2006, 09:40 AM
We've used corn oil for some thirty years. A few weeks ago the wife asked about all the bad publicity about what oils the fast food restaurants were using and the trans fat that clog up your arteries.
So she picked up a bottle of the corn oil and read -Trans fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrates 0g.

Sometimes one gets it real right.

She still thinks I'm too old to use treestands.

Spotlite
09-07-2006, 02:31 PM
You can grill them.
I use them when I go camping, I cut them into 1 " strips about 2" long. Wrap a couple of jalopenia pepper slices up in it, wrap bacon around it, dip in dale seasoning for a few minutes, deep fry (or grill). We snack on them while camping and playing cards.

Goatwoman
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I have a recipe for a cube steak casserole that is outstanding. I will post it this week.