Garage door trouble

BuckinFish

I have a Clicker and an outside pin pad that will not configure to my Liftmaster opener. I've tried everything I can think of, even the instructions!! The clicker has the pin code inside but I can't find the code on or in the opener anywhere. Any suggestions?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Sometimes it is a two person job. One person has to depress the learn button on the opener motor housing while the other person enters the code on the remote pin opener. It just depends on the opener. Of all the ones I have done, it never seems as simple as the instructions would have you believe.

Davans

Press and hold the remote/transmitter button. Press and hold receiver button ( Red button on back of unit ) wait until the light from the opener starts flashing. Release both buttons.

Duff

buckinfish,

There is a "learn" button on the back or side of your operator. It is located just below where the low voltage wires connect to your operator. It will be green, orange, or purple depending on the model you have.

Press and release the "learn" button then press and release the button on the remote. It will be programed.

Press and release the "learn" button again, then punch the 4 digit code you want into the keypad and press the enter button twice on your key pad. It is now programed.

If these do not program, either you batteries are dead or the receiver that is built into the logic board of your operator is bad.

BuckinFish

I have tried pressing the learn button and release, the LED stays on. I then press the remote button and hold until its "supposed" to program. But I will try to press the remote one time and see what happens...

Thanks for the input

BuckinFish

By the way, why cant i find the pin code on the receiver?? Do not all garage door motors have a code??

Duff

No. Now operators have the rolling code feature. They change codes everytime you use it.

Did the remote and keypad work on this operator at one time?

BuckinFish

I tried everything again with no luck. I have 2 remotes that work fine, I just wanted to use my keypad and other remote from my old house. The old remote is the "clicker" brand I got from Walmart, supposed to be universal...

Duff

I tried everything again with no luck. I have 2 remotes that work fine, I just wanted to use my keypad and other remote from my old house. The old remote is the "clicker" brand I got from Walmart, supposed to be universal...

Gotcha. Yea, not going to get those to work. The green, orange and purple buttons I was talking about are recievers that are set on different frequencies. The manufactures of all operators had to change frequencies a few times throughout the years. Mostly because of the gov't. The military took one of them. Anyway, the remotes you have are more than likely for one of the others.

Sorry

Davans

If yours has the " Red " Button as mine does ( 11 years old ) It should program the way I stated in post # 4. Read the directions on the lift unit not the transmitter. I cannot remember how we programmed the key pad.