Thought this might help some of us to understand...

gtparts

http://www.thetwocities.com/practic...-theology/im-kinda-sorta-yeah-not-really-gay/

I am glad to know someone else struggles with the temptation to sin. While this is not one of my temptations, I sure have desires that will quickly dethrone the Lord of my life, if I allow them the possibility of taking root. I pray that when the issue is sin, any sin, we will lean on Christ and the grace he freely provides to those who are His.

Artfuldodger

I would agree with your post but would rather use examples that most of us struggle with like lust, adultery, hate, coveting, and having unatural sex acts with our wives.

gtparts

I would agree with your post but would rather use examples that most of us struggle with like lust, adultery, hate, coveting, and having unatural sex acts with our wives.

I didn't exclude any of those, except the 'unatural (sic) sex acts with our wives'. I guess I never gave much thought to having wives, much less those unnatural acts.

Now, I'll have to add that to my list. I'll pray for you and for you overcoming your struggles, also.

[Sorry, A-dodger, but it just struck me as a little strange to see that posted here... or anywhere. Through a 3rd party, I heard a true story about a pastor/marriage counselor who fielded that very idea/question from a prospective groom. His response was that, for a married (to each other) and consenting couple, there were no restrictions to their sexual activity beyond what Scripture and the Holy Spirit directed.:yeah:]
(I suspect that safety and privacy would also be considerations.)

(back to your post)
It is even worse than that. As a man thinks in his heart (considers in his mind), so is he. As it is referenced in the linked blog, it is only through the renewing of our minds (having the mind of Christ) that continually draws us from such wicked thoughts and actions.

gtparts

Cpf, thanks for the tension-relieving clip. Glad to see that sometimes humor can be used to lighten things up.

Of course the purpose of the OP was to cause us to examine our inability to accurately judge others, not just gays.

Our attitudes and responses are excellent indicators of our need for grace and the necessity of extending it towards others.

jmharris23

Very good article

Artfuldodger

"Sin is not dead to us , we are dead to sin "
I'm not sure what the verses in the Bible mean, we are dead to sin. I don't think it means we don't sin anymore unless when we do bad things they aren't considered sins anymore. I think Christians struggle with sins daily.
It's a great topic on how we all struggle with sins and trying to overcome them.
I've also heard preachers talk about accidental sinning compared to sinning on purpose. I don't know if I go along with that concept.

Artfuldodger

[Sorry, A-dodger, but it just struck me as a little strange to see that posted here... or anywhere. Through a 3rd party, I heard a true story about a pastor/marriage counselor who fielded that very idea/question from a prospective groom. His response was that, for a married (to each other) and consenting couple, there were no restrictions to their sexual activity beyond what Scripture and the Holy Spirit directed.:yeah:]
(I suspect that safety and privacy would also be considerations.)

I stand corrected as that preacher might be right. I can't justify my statement with scripture.

StriperAddict

I'm not sure what the verses in the Bible mean, we are dead to sin. I don't think it means we don't sin anymore unless when we do bad things they aren't considered sins anymore. I think Christians struggle with sins daily.
It's a great topic on how we all struggle with sins and trying to overcome them.
I've also heard preachers talk about accidental sinning compared to sinning on purpose. I don't know if I go along with that concept.

This came from the article and he puts it well...

I’ve learned not to define myself by sins or temptations. My identity is not bound to my sexuality, but to my Savior (Galatians 2:20).

Just because we struggle with temptation and sin daily doesn't mean our identity is found there. It is IN Christ, or as Paul put it, our NEW man.

Artfuldodger

Did Christ satisfy the justice of God as our Substitute, or did He not?

When Jesus told the woman to "go and sin no more" are you saying she couldn't sin anymore if she was a Christian?

I assume you follow this line of beliefs from the following link. I understand a lot of Christians do, I don't.

From the link;

Question: If you accept and come to Jesus Christ can you sin
again after that point?
YES OR NO?

Answer: NO!!!

HOW COULD THAT BE POSSIBLE?
GET READY FOR SOME TRUTH!

NOTE #2:

Once you have come to Jesus Christ, you can't sin anymore
because
HE HAS PAID FOR YOUR PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE SINS!

ANY SINS THAT YOU COMMIT AFTER ACCEPTING HIM ARE SINS
OF THE FLESH AND DIE WITH THE FLESH.

http://www.bibletruthonline.com/goandsinnomore.htm

Artfuldodger

From the link:
Question:
If you rob a bank, will you go to heaven?

Answer: Yes, if you have accepted Jesus Christ.
No, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ.

Question:
If you kill someone, is it possible to go to heaven?

Answer: Yes, if you have accepted Jesus Christ.
No, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ.

Question:

Do homosexuals and bi-sexuals get into heaven?

Answer: Yes, if they have accepted Jesus Christ.
No, if they have not accepted Jesus Christ.(end of quote from link)

Now it looks like the homosexual in the article in the OP has a way out. Repentance isn't a requirement?

gemcgrew

Question:

Do homosexuals and bi-sexuals get into heaven?

Answer: Yes, if they have accepted Jesus Christ.
No, if they have not accepted Jesus Christ.(end of quote from link)
If by "accepted Jesus Christ", the author is saying they are born again, where is the evidence?

Now it looks like the homosexual in the article in the OP has a way out.
A way out of what?

Repentance isn't a requirement?
There is repentance that is of no spiritual value. There is a true repentance that is brought about by the working of the Holy Spirit.

Artfuldodger

If by "accepted Jesus Christ", the author is saying they are born again, where is the evidence?
They believe Jesus died for their sins.

A way out of what?
A way out of having to repent. If you believe and have accepted Jesus, that's all that is required.

There is repentance that is of no spiritual value. There is a true repentance that is brought about by the working of the Holy Spirit.
So Christians who continue to sin or do bad things haven't received the "gift of the Holy Spirit?" Is repentance something a Christian does or the Holy Spirit does? Is there nothing required of a Christian other than to believe? Then the Holy Spirit takes over and turns the new Christian into a robot?

gemcgrew

They believe Jesus died for their sins.
These folks believed Jesus died for their sins, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

As a child, I was taught the historical facts of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. I was taught that Christ died for my sins. I believed it. My belief was of no spiritual value, it was produced by the flesh. What does the Bible tell us the flesh profiteth?

A way out of having to repent. If you believe and have accepted Jesus, that's all that is required.
True conversion always produces repentance.

Is repentance something a Christian does or the Holy Spirit does?
It is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. (Romans 2:4)

Is there nothing required of a Christian other than to believe?
Nothing is required of you but all of you.

Then the Holy Spirit takes over and turns the new Christian into a robot?
Not a robot, a new creature. Did you create this new creature?