Snake ?

jonkayak

Today I walk into the garage and raise the door and right where the door seals to the floor is what looks to be a dead snake. No problem I grab the shovel and go to scoop him up and he rears up. Turns out he's just cold and was sunning him self. Still no issue, at least until the wife sees him. So for his safety he needs relocated. My questions is how common is a Oak Phase Grey Rate Snake in Athens Ga. I though they where only found in the southern part of the state? I know we have rat snakes here but I have never seen a one in Oak Phase this far north. He is extremely colorful and almost exotic looking. He now resides over at my wood pile where he can eat all the little critters he wants.

Slim Chance

They are very common here in NW Georgia. And as you know, they are a good snake and harmless. They can, however, cause coniptions in wives. Chances are it will den up soon and not be around to cause her to worry.

waddler

Banned
Bring him out to Bogart. I will certainly take him.

jonkayak

If I catch him again I will certainly bring him to Bogart. His life is much safer with some miles between him and my wife.

I was actualy just in Bogart tonight for a bonfire birthday party.