Moving to West Palm Beach! Any advice?

GAbuckhunter88

Well it looks like work has decided to send me down to West Palm Beach Area for a few years. I am looking for advice on areas to live? Want to live somewhere nice that is not in the ghetto if possible and not spend a fortune. I grew up in St.Pete so I am used to florida just never been over to West Palm. Any advice is appreciated.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Well it looks like work has decided to send me down to West Palm Beach Area for a few years. I am looking for advice on areas to live? Want to live somewhere nice that is not in the ghetto if possible and not spend a fortune. I grew up in St.Pete so I am used to florida just never been over to West Palm. Any advice is appreciated.

Yep, look around Wellington, great area and just minutes from West Palm. If I had to live in that area that is exactly where I would re-locate.

wellington.jpg

alphachief

Wellington is nice. Also some cool established areas if you like old Florida style houses. Flamingo Park was the up and coming area of restored homes when we lived there years ago.

FlaKraker

Depending on how far you're willing to travel, there are lots of places to live within 30-45 minutes from WPB. Do some searching on the net and as westcobbdog said, get a local realtor to help you out too... there are a few areas you want to stay away from (same as anywhere else)! Good luck!

huntfish

Also check out some 2nd stores for furniture etc. All those folks on the beach front have a habit of replacing furniture season to season.

JohnnyWalker

Just a side note. If you don't have your Georgia Lifetime license yet go ahead and buy one. That way you can come back to Ga. and hunt/fish as a resident and not buy a license. Ditto goes for Fla. Once you have established residence get a lifetime license there as well then you've got 2 states to hunt and no license to buy.
Best of luck. Lots of hogs in those Fla. orange groves, etc.

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
here's a useful tip for anybody changing locations.

drive thru potential neighborhoods in the early
morning. check out the kids waiting for their
school bus.

it'll tell you the ethnic flavor of the folks livin' there.
something the realtor won't tell you. just fyi.