Fantastic BBQ

gadeerwoman

If you've never eaten at a Famous Dave's bbq place, you need to try it!! Ate there for the first time last night. They have a special right now on the 'meal for 2'..regular $29 for $19. You get 3 choices of meat, two sides, plus corn on the cob and baked beans. We had ribs, chopped pork, smoked beef brisket, fries, slaw, brunswick stew and corn. Everything was OUTSTANDING except for the stew...yankee style...not southern! Stew as more soup with bbq meat. Ribs fall off the bone, brisket tender and just smoky enough, chopped pork..no fat. We got all sauce on the side and didn't need sauce at all. Got leftovers for tonight.

Jeff Phillips

And they serve it on a paper covered, galvanized, trash can lid :p

If Tater Tot is given a choice of where we are going to go eat it's Famous Dave's or Hooter's ;)

H

HT2

Sandra?????

Where it be????

I ain't never heard of it either..... ::huh: ::huh: ::huh:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
There is one on Hwy 78 just West of Snellville. There are a couple others around Atlanta, but I'm not sure exactly where.

They have a deal called "Rib Tips" that is great! For less than $8 you get a great big pile of BBQ rib tips (They cut the ends off the slabs before they serve the ribs) corn muffin, beans, fries or slaw.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago for the first time and liked it so much we are having them cater our company Christmas Party! (Sorry Spiced Right!)

www.famousdaves.com

GrandSlamHunter

Every time we visit my daughter at UT in Knoxville, our first meal is at Famous Dave's. Great BBQ, smoked just right and very tender. And if it's possible to save room for dessert, their bread pudding is out of this world. :yeah:

GSH

Jeff Phillips

Anybody up for a Woody's get together?

We ain't had 1 in a while ::huh:

Let's go to Famous Dave's :fine:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Debbie and I went again last night!

They have the "Feast for Two" on sale for $19.95!

They also have gift certificates on sale. We bought a $50 certificate for $40!

Our youngest daughter's birthday is next week so guess where her birthday celebration is going to be held?!?!

:yeah:

BTW, she'll be 20!!!

Man, I'm getting old!

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
How would it compare to Zebs BBQ just outside of Danielsville in Madison County. Zebs has the best stew I have ever eaten.

gadeerwoman

I never made it down to the bottom to see what it was served on!! I was too busy stuffing my face. Lordy, that is one fine meal. There are 3 locations around Atlanta:
Hwy 78 past Stone Mtn park (on the right just past a golden corral) was the one we went to. Here's Ga locales:
1935 Powers Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30339
Phone: 770.933.8998
Fax: 770.933.9459
6400 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: 678.566.1002
Fax: 678.566.1941
3868 Stone Mountain Highway
Snellville, GA 30039
Phone: 770.979.7779
Fax: 770.979.5808
A Woody's get-together at a Dave's would be some fine eatin' but I don't know that we'd be able to talk...too busy licking fingertips!!
If I could just teach Dave to make brunswick stew like Old South on South Cobb Dr. he'd be my ideal male!!
Dawg, let me know sometime when you and MamaDawg are in the mood for bbq....I will drive miles for good food!!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Just for the record, we had our company Christmas party yesterday w/ Dave's doing the catering and it was great!

H

HT2

Somebody needs to tell "DAVE"..........

gadeerwoman said:
I never made it down to the bottom to see what it was served on!! I was too busy stuffing my face. Lordy, that is one fine meal. There are 3 locations around Atlanta:
Hwy 78 past Stone Mtn park (on the right just past a golden corral) was the one we went to. Here's Ga locales:
1935 Powers Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30339
Phone: 770.933.8998
Fax: 770.933.9459
6400 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: 678.566.1002
Fax: 678.566.1941
3868 Stone Mountain Highway
Snellville, GA 30039
Phone: 770.979.7779
Fax: 770.979.5808
A Woody's get-together at a Dave's would be some fine eatin' but I don't know that we'd be able to talk...too busy licking fingertips!!
If I could just teach Dave to make brunswick stew like Old South on South Cobb Dr. he'd be my ideal male!!
Dawg, let me know sometime when you and MamaDawg are in the mood for bbq....I will drive miles for good food!!

How bout puttin' one of them thar places on the "GOOD SIDE OF TOWN"!!!!!!!!!!!

Them's way to fer for me to travel....... :p :p

I don't dare go north of Atlanta........I've been there way, way to many times in my life........ :eek: :eek:

Dub

Famous Dave's in Augusta....try the Georgia Chopped BBQ with either the Rich'n Sassy sauce or add a little Devil's Spit to it.

Dang it's good stuff!!!!!!!

bollman85

Up near Minneapolis is the Original Famous Dave's. I have been there, and met Dave himself. There is one about 2 blocks away from my house. I eat there every chance I get. Its the only decent barbeque I can get while being "trapped" in ND. A month after I get back from Iraq....I'll be back in GA!

dutchman

I've eaten at Famous Daves in Yankee land where there was no better BBQ anywhere around. But down here, we've got way better to choose from.