males fighting

Drew33998

I have two males 1.5 year old that fight every chance they get. Didn't think I was gonna get them unlocked last night. Any tips besides keep them seperated for good?:mad:

grouper throat

Don't bump them but you hit them on 6 and both will be flopping on the floor like a fish. I don't put up with - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - from dogs.

Drew33998

Wish I could afford a collar. Until then I will keep them seperated in pens and let one out at a time when I let them run around.

hobbs27

Castrate one of them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Let em fight it out till they come to a decision and one is whipped. They should be fine after that. A whipped dog usually stays whipped.

deermaster81

Let em fight it out till they come to a decision and one is whipped. They should be fine after that. A whipped dog usually stays whipped.

That's what I do with mine. Stand there with Waterhose and let the dominant dog win and 9 times out of 10 they won't fight again.

PURVIS

find witch one is starting it u should be able to tell this just by watching him keep him on a check cord and at the first sign of aggression pull him up and work him over good if it happens again cull him if hes a hunting dog and does this out of your sight it may be your best dog or worse yet your buddys he gets on. we nip any aggression in the bud at the first sign.be as hard as it takes.

bearhunter39

find witch one is starting it u should be able to tell this just by watching him keep him on a check cord and at the first sign of aggression pull him up and work him over good if it happens again cull him if hes a hunting dog and does this out of your sight it may be your best dog or worse yet your buddys he gets on. we nip any aggression in the bud at the first sign.be as hard as it takes.
This

Drew33998

10 4. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try any and all methods I can. It seems they both seem to be the aggressors at different times. One will smell the other and the one being smelled don't like it so he starts up. Then the other dog( one smelled earlier) will jump on the other one when he goes to run after a ball or anything really. Just seemed to get worse this week. They have had their bouts but both are evenly matched and both are full of grit. But i will do whatever it takes to straighten em out. I aint scared to put the hand to em by no means.

grouper throat

I try and not keep aggressive ones myself also. The good thing about males is you never have to worry about them coming into heat in the season though.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

This. One has to be the "boss."

What kind of dogs are they?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
This. One has to be the "boss."

What kind of dogs are they?

I saw you name the breed above. They are like a blackmouth cur. Let them figure who is on top. I have a blackmouth cur and he is very dominant around other dogs on my property. He doesn't like other males at all at our house. Away from the house he is more ven tempered. If I had two, they would have to work it out.