duckroost 11-10

HOG-HEAD

We had a huge crowd sat morning..30 standers and 6 dogmen..started in the river block turned out 2 packs dogwater and Danny kirk turned loose ..it was a steady roar in the swamp for about an hour only to be broken by the occasional gun shot...lots of missing and bucks slipping out..no deer killed.
2nd drive was a huge one sweets, juicy,hog-head and snowman all turned out, people were shooting everywhere...we got 3does on that drive and had several swing and miss...dogs got on a nice buck that several people saw , but got away...lane oliver , farley , jimmy Ellis and billy pate all scored on that drive
3 rd drive we were in the cutoff block , dogwater ,juicy , snowman and hog- head turned loose ole highball jumped first and ran a 7 point all around the block until he met up with stretch on pond #2...the other dogs ran a doe by our moderator fredw...who was quoted as saying she was to dern fast to shoot..we had a great lunch prepared by Danny an Shelley sweatman...we made another drive in the kitchen block just before dark , had 3 more great races , they all got away.its fun when they get away , that means er can run them again...thanks to all the members of the roost for helping us strive to be the best , safest and friendliest club that we can be...and for all the guysthat let deer go when you could have killed them..thanks for believing in our goals as a club....thanks to all our stillhunters also for leaving us something to run around the club on sat and wed

fredw

Retired Moderator
.the other dogs ran a doe by our moderator fredw...who was quoted as saying she was to dern fast to shoot
That doe had burners I tell ya.....she was gone before my mind could tell my arms to shoulder the gun.

Fun day....and a great big thanks to all of our dogmen. Y'all make it work for us!

Dreamer69

Awesome story to read.. I miss the dog hunting for sure. Did it all my life till I moved up here. Keep the stories coming.

jasonm2725

I haven't talked to you in a while, so I have really been waiting on this post. Just love to hear whats going on.

the r.o.c.

only been 1 time, last year to the duck roost...still remember all the races. funny how it stays with you. had 2 does come by me, first was like mr. fred, had after burners on. the second down in the swamp, doe just came by about 20 yards. just wanted a buck so i didnt shoot. watched her move on by. but a great day.

nkbigdog

Sounds like all had a great time!! Wish my health would let me do something like that. Heart wants to but body just to worn out..Congrats to all

Mac

good report Hog-Head,

Sounds exciting, hope to give it a try soon.