Panola mtn state park hunt

bowbuck

Up a tree and ready to go. Feel free to keep us updated for other woodites here for the hunt.

bowbuck

Had a big bodied deer under my tree three times before legal shooting light. Heard one other one blow upwind of me 150 yds. Nice chilly morning in Rockdale Cty. No shots yet.

BowanaLee

Good luck guys. Run em up river to me. :bounce:

bowbuck

Good morning. Saw 8 and killed a doe and sapling. There was a couple of other deer missed close to me. As I type there is a large dead buck in a truck on the way in. Its not mine so I will let someone else tell the story. Headed back in and hunting for a good size deer. Would love to kill a big buck but might take it to the house tonight with another doe if a see a large one.

jlmartin25

I ran into a ranger from Panola at the service station last week! I was shooting the breeze while pumpin diesel and he said: "Yeah, we got our hunt comin up next week and if you ask me it's rigged" I immediately perked up and said yeah I have put in for twice and I haven't been picked but I'll keep tryin cause I live less than 2 miles from the park. He said "Don't surprise me you weren't picked we got some of the same hunters hunting this year that we had last year that just aint fair and right and it shouldn't happen" Now I don't know if it's true but that was from the horse's mouth. All I know is I would loved to hunt it! Sure hope those fortunate to partake have a great experience. Maybe next year.

GTHunter007

I hunted last year but lost my priority points. I know of others whose points did not come off their account. So they went back again. I am jealous.

CassGA

I have noticed at least two members on this forum who have been picked to hunt last year and again this year, including the OP of this thread. Makes you wonder...

GTHunter007

It wasn't rigged...just a problem with the system and the new hunt. If I had gotten picked again I wouldn't have brought it to the DNR's attention to fix.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I got picked again and brought it too the attention of the DNR. There was no way for them to figure it out without costing to much man power so they said to consider it a gift.

I tagged out yesterday with an 8pt and a doe.

Saw multiple bucks tending does and this was the largest and last one I saw. Not a giant but more than pleased to take him.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 666
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 613

GTHunter007

Awesome Dustin!! i still hate you.

bowbuck

Jealously is an ugly thing. If I had the ability to "rig" a quota hunt I would have done it before I got rejected 4 years straight. Anyone that would believe a quota hunt is rigged has some larger issues. I will leave it at that until I return to work and get paid to deal with such.

With that said, I enjoyed the hunt. Loved the scenery and killed two does, just as the hunt was intended. Hope to kill two more city deer in 4 years or so.