rum creek quota hunt 11/15 - 11/17

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Watching the light crawl through the trees scouting for the hunt tomorrow it will be my dad, my self, and maybe my wife. anyone else going to be here?

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Well we get to the parking spot and there are two. Other trucks im thinkin sweet plenty of woods for 5-6 hunters my dad gets to his blind and looks 50yds down the road and there is a guy hangin on the side of a tree he had to have walked right beside the blind some people are just rude

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Nothing yet we are sittin on the edge of some young pines and older hardwoods I have a lot of deer tracks since the rain and my dad is sittin on two clean pawmarks in the foot travel road

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Im stillin the blind but I have a stand about 300yds away in some thick waist high growth I may go there this afternoon

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Im hoping they will get up and move around some I have only heard 3 shot and they sounded pretty far off we made it 76 hunters signed in out of 200 . I really just want to get a pistol kill in

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Just had one fellow come out he had his stand on his back I guess he didn't see what he was looking for. That makes three of us (dad said he is at 0 so far)

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Well the morning stunk literally I guess I sat down wind of a nice buck someone shot and lost I had to see what the smell was and when I found him I picked up the head and went bacck to the truck but its cool I got something neat to bring back from the trip. Now im back in the blind gonna relocate if it don't come together tonight

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Ok sittin on a hardwoods bottom with multiple trails heading into it. Gonna try and get it done today and head back hom tonight

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Didn't like the spot my climber was in so I. Got down and did some scouting and found that deer trails I was on had no tracks in them so back to the drawing board im now sitting otg in. A different set of hardwoods a little sign but not as much as I like

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Well I moved again this time to a cove on the lake with fresh tracks everywhere and as I was going down the trail I bumped 2 deer saw another as soon as I got to the edge of the woods an then had one run around the edge of the woods and almost into my lap no shot yet the last one was just a bit to close for comfort ( 5 ft)

oaky-woods-8-pointer

Ok dad got to see some bone but didnt have time for a shot then we took a little break . We are back at it I moved again im on a small clearcut with chest high growth two clean pawmarks and a few fresh rub trees lots of acorns and a very nice bedding area I think it might just come together tonight