SWGA Hunting Expedition

Ace1313

Settled into a ladderstand that is 400 yds off a picked peanut field and about 600 yds from a cut cornfield. There is a heavy oak funnel that leads to this plot and upland pine transition area. Last time I sat here saw 15. Brought the bow and 7 mm. Bow only for does until after Christmas on our lease.

Ace1313

Little description of our lease. About 600 acres are irrigated crops and the remaining 700 acres is made up of plantation pines, swamp bottom hardwoods, and short long leaf pines. We have four plots scattered out on the property. Our lease is part of a 20,000 acre Coop that is working together to improve the herd. This is year four and the results have been great so far!!

Woods are waking up time to focus.

Ace1313

Slow. Going to keep at it until 11 or so then scout for a spot tonight.

Ace1313

Nothing. First time for everything I guess. Going to scout a new spot.

Ace1313

Found a lot of fresh sign on our SW part of the lease. Crawled into a tower overlooking a turkey foot shooting lanes in short pines and thick cypress. Sounded like this morning was dead all over. Sitting long the next couple days.

Ace1313

Back in the same stand ad yesterday evening. Saw one doe right before dark here. Moving a little slow after a few adult beverages last night.

Ace1313

Just had a shot not 300 yds away.

Ace1313

2 does

Ace1313

Just had one run in downwind of me. Appeared to be a small doe.

albridges

Sounds fairly active for you. Been dead here in Crisp. Had one running around in front of me early, never could get a look at it.

Good luck and be safe :cheers:

Ace1313

Thanks Al. Really very very slow for us down here. Normally everyone see double digits every sit.

Moved to one of my favorite spots, it is good all the time but really good when the wind gets up.

Sitting in a tower looking over a food plot that is in the middle of 8 year old long leaf pines. There is a hardwood bottom surrounding the pines that is loaded with acorns. This plot is a transition zone about 600 yards off an irrigated field. There is also a cypress lake nearby and as dry as it is the deer have to be near the water. Passed a mid 130's 10 pt here in October hoping to get a crack at one a hair bigger.

Ace1313

The shadows have fallen the moon is rising and I nearly had a face full of sparrow. Dang I liked to jumped out of the stand.

Ace1313

Doe and fawns just stepped out at far end of plot.

Ace1313

Another doe just came out.
Come on girls work your stuff.

Ace1313

Three mire at last light. Headed to the house back in the AM.

Ace1313

Weather is looking great going to head out in a couple minutes.

Headed back to the Longleaf plot with rattling horns hoping this cool morning gets the deer up and moving.

Ace1313

25* and a good frost on the ground. Wind out of NNE. Duck hunters are having a good shoot do far.

Ace1313

Starting to move.

3 so far

Ace1313

2 fawns just crossed