Need some help deciding RAPIDO!

firewalker78

Hey guys, I am about to pull the trigger on a Garmin tracking system, but I cannot make up my mind just yet. From what I have read the 320 has got it hands down but I wanted to check with some of you guys to see what you had to say about it. I do not have dogs yet but I am getting some soon. Right now I will get the tracker and 1 collar and use it primarily to track other packs until I get my own. The 320 is the only one that you can use google earth on is that correct? That is a feature that I really like and want. Also I have found the 320 with one collar on eBay for 539, have any of you guys found a better deal?? Thanks for any help.

gahoghntr

a couple guys in my club have them 320s they are pretty nice, one guy has the older 220 graphics are not as good . like you asked i do believe the 320 is the only one with google earth. if i had the money i would get one but i need 6 collars.

flhunter82

The only difference I have seen in the 320 is the aerial map. The problem was that the screen was to small to see details on the map like small roads. when we tried to zoom in, it just got too distorted. Plus the dog trail was so wide it made it difficult too see where they were. I borrowed this one for a weekend to see if I liked it and it didn't sell me. Plus the range wasn't that much better. I would not get the dc 40 collar though. The dc 30 with a dayglo collar is way better to me.

grouper throat

I have the 320 with just a map card showing all roads as i dont see the point in the aerials if they dont show all the roads in the club My buddy has the Birdseye and prefers it instead.

PURVIS

double u hunting supply 320 and one dc40 collar 489.95 these guys can answer any ? about the garmin tracking stuff u could ever think of.there are no dc30 collars to be had at any price so the 40s will have to work.

jaredbeecher

Another thing if you can buy a package deal with the number of collars you need, cause if buy them separate it cost more for the collars. Just my experience.

DogHunter4Life

the 320 is the way to go..i've had both and still have the 320 and my dad uses the 220 and its amazing at the difference in the birds eye view and the other view.. you can see the actual timberline and the creeks and the roads and all.. 320 in my opinion is 10 times better than the 220...check that gundogsupply.com website.. they have good products, good warranties, and sends things fast

firewalker78

Thank you all guys, I went with the 320 and no collars for now. How do I get birds eye? I bought a map card that said it was highly detailed but I don't know how good yet. Got the unit for 407 shipped.