Operation Meat In The Freezer 12/10 - 12/15

Ruger Theory

Tomorrow morning I will be working until noon and then I will have the rest of the week off to hunt on my lease in Bama. It won't be an intense nonstop hunting vacation because I still have to drop off and pick up my daughter from daycare most days but there will be a lot of time in the woods. the prerut is starting up in my neck of the woods so I am going to try and set myself up for a good buck but with an empty freezer and my wife wanting four in it this year I won't be too stingy with the lead when the does mosey on by.

I take this week off every year and it has produced some fantastic deer for me over the years, so tag along with me this week for OPERATION FILL THE FREEZER.

Ace1313

Good luck. Much success

Ruger Theory

Well my half day of work didn't go as planned and turned into a 3/4 day so I am off to a late start this afternoon. I am going to set up quickly on a road on the backside of our lease and try to catch something crossing on its way to the bedding area before the rain hits later this afternoon. I will post pics when I get set up.

Ruger Theory

Well operation meat in the freezer failed today. Apparently you can take vast amounts of time to study weather patterns, stare at Google Earth, check trail cams for months, but if you wait till the last minute to pack the truck in your heist you may FORGET YOUR ORANGE and have to turn around and go back home.

I could cuss right now but I will choose to laugh at myself instead.

By the way the orange is in the truck now and "Operation Meat In The Freezer" will begin again tomorrow morning.

quinn

I forgot mine once too.... I had a roll of orange flagging tape! My buddy saw me get out of the truck and busted a gut!Good luck in the am!

Ruger Theory

Alright guys day two should be underway within the hour. Like I originally stated I am hunting this week as my schedule as a daddy allows, so once I get my daughter dropped off at daycare I will be in the woods for the morning and to do a little scouting. Stay tuned I have a good feeling about this week.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Forgotten Orange,been there.:p

Good luck and be safe!

Ruger Theory

Well I have been in the stand for a little while. The walk in only produced squirrels bit since getting in the stand I have heard one gunshot and had something run through the creek bed 100 yards away. The dirt didn't show much activity since the rain last night so maybe they will be moving let today. This area is usually cut up with tracks.

Ruger Theory

Here is a look at where I am hanging, it's a travel route between a field and the bedding area.

9BCC9547-2C44-4D44-AD31-BEF3B61E6C24-3523-000007263E3F8B08.jpg

Ruger Theory

HeAded to a shooting house that over looks a food plot this evening. It's got real bad reception so probably no updates till dark.

Ruger Theory

I have just a hint of service right now. It's been slow this evening, colder than I expected, and rainy but on the upside I have a spike on front of me right now. Asich as I love the meat on a spike I will let this one go per club rules.

Ruger Theory

A couple shots from this evenings hunt.
FA7CE0EF-9E56-40B4-978C-595103BD3883-4031-0000076ED8C6294D.jpg

This guy came out during the rain and hung for 45 minutes, he was actually still there when I left. He kept looking to the brush and I could hear something in the brush but it never showed.
65CDEA4E-3215-4E57-BA3B-06269464FD81-4031-00000763D0BA41DB.jpg

I can't wait to see what tomorrow bring see you guys in the morning.