Best rifle scope?

Boyd Green

What is the best rifle scope under $300 ? Simmons Aetec, Nikon Buckmaster, Leupold VX1 etc. Looking to buy a new scope but have a limited budget and need your opinions.

Andy, I know you will chime in! :D

Boyd Green

I want it to put on my daughters BB gun!!!!

Really, I am putting it on a Model 70 - 270 wsm

I would probably never take a shot past 300 yards. I am going Elk hunting in Montana next year but I can't see me ever being confident with a shot over 300 yards.

I have only killed a couple deer past 200 yards.

Your about to suggest something about $400 aren't you !? :whip:

QuakerBoy

maybe look into a uses vari X II. Then send it to Leupold for a checkup

Buzz

For under $300 the Nikon Monarch UCC 3x9x40mm would get my vote. Optically it is about on par with the VX III, which is a good bit more expensive. You can find them for about $260 online.

They, like the Leupold, have a lifetime transferrable warranty.

QuakerBoy

where are you finding that scope for that price?

leoparddog

Check this guy's website out. I found it on another forum where he is a sponsor/moderator I believe. That forum has a dedicated Optics thread where this topic is :whip: Flogged to death. His prices look real good.

The OpticZone

They've got the Nikon Monarch 3x9-40 for $255.

VX-I 3x9 -40 Matt Duplex for $220
VX-II 3x9 - 40 Matt Duplex for $350.

Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9 - 40 Duplex $169.

I'm probably buying my next scope from this guy. I think its gonna be a Bushnell Elite with the FireFly reticle. 3x9 - 40 Matt with firefly reticle $192.00

Dudley Do-Wrong

Any of you have a bit of night blindness like me? What scope, have any of you found to help the best for those of us that just don't see well when it starts getting dark. I know many scopes advertise that theirs see better than anyone else's at dawn and dusk, but I would like to hear some good honest answers from those who have tried a variety of scopes and paid particular attention to this aspect.

sniper13

simmons

I, too, have limited funds. I have Simmons Atecs on all my rifles (except the sniper rifle) and have been very pleased with them. Great value for the money.
Just my opinion, and you know what opinions are like.

Boyd Green

Having alot of money is relative!!!

Relative to what mama thinks you should spend!! :D

She says,"You already have a scope AND a gun!"

mikel

ive got a bushnell sportsman 4x12x40 scope on my 7/08,243,308,30.06,and 300 wthby.it dont cost that much plus in low light if i can see it with my naked eye,i can see it in the scope well enough to shoot a lot of people like high dollar name brands but sometimes cheaper is as good or sometimes better

Guy

I was told by a few sources that the optics on the VX I and VX II are identical. The only difference is the click adjustments vs the friction. ::huh:

My older VX II has the friction. So I went and purchased a new VX I for my Marlin.

You can't go wrong with a Leupold.

H

HT2

Boyd.......

If money is "NO OPTION"......

ZEISS, KAHLES, OR SWAROVSKI..........

If money is an "OPTION"........

NIKON OR LEUPOLD.......

I prefer the "NIKON'S"!!!!!!!!

Gaswamp

Weaver makes a good scope for the money.

Buzz

Guy said:
I was told by a few sources that the optics on the VX I and VX II are identical. The only difference is the click adjustments vs the friction. ::huh:

Not quite. They have the same lens but the VXI has the MC4 coatings on the external lens surfaces. The VX II has MC4 coatings on both the internal and external surfaces. Leupold told me this makes the light transmission approx 86% on the VXI and 90% on the VXII.

I second leoparddog9's recommendation of the optic zone. Jon is a good guy and always has great prices.

Predator56

HT2
you forgot about schmidt & Bender, US Optics, Unertl, and nightforce in your "money is no option" category

ugabowhunter

nikon monarch!! 3x9x40

just got one over leupold vx II. brighter and just as clear. i've heard their lifetime warranty can't be beat. no questions asked, they'll fix it. all they need is $5 for shipping.

stumpman

Banned
With my experience the simmons aetec is the best scope for the money and most all scope manufacturers will stand behind there product at least the big name guys! www.samplelist.com has a vxl 3-9x40 for 189.00 check them from day to day they up date there inventory regularly