How much difference is there???

Just 1 More

Between a 26" barrel and a 29" barrel on a muzzle loader?
I'm looking at the CVA Optima (26") and the Optima PRO (29") but i can get a great deal on the ptima (26")
How much difference does the extra 3" make?

Just 1 More

Thanks D2, based on what you said, I went ahead and ordered the Optima .50 cal with the Mossy Oak camo synthetic stock and blue barrel :clap:

Last edited:

Just 1 More

Accuracy and shot placement... Brings me to another question.. Why dosn't GA allow scopes on Black Powder rifles? I would think in the interest of quick, clean, accurate kills,, Allowing at least a fixed 4 power would be beneficial.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Accuracy , That is the biggest difference , I have a friend that has the ultima pro 29" in 45 cal. and that is without a doubt the sweetest ML I've ever shot , If I could get close to what I've got in my Traditions I'd sell it and buy the pro in a heatbeat , he ordered the peep sight for it and wow what a difference , but you've already ordered yours so I'll just shut up :bounce: but the pro is the bomb :clap:

H

HT2

Just 1......

The Difference is about 3 inches.......

I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out..... :p :p

bilgerat

Senior
pro

I "won" a optima pro 45 at a GONetwork banquett and I love it . it shot very high out of the box so Im going to order the peep sight as well,I love the way it feels and shoots.killed a spike the first time I hunted with it and Im taking it to BF Grant this week!
:yeah:

Just 1 More

Sent an e-mail to CVA asking about load recomendations,, here is there reply, Do you guys agree??? You know I would take your word over the CVA technical staff ::ke:

I would suggest that you use the Pyrodex pellets and 295 grain Powerbelt bullet , pre lube your barrel, put a little all natural lube on a cleaning patch and run it down the barrel follow this with 2 dry clean patches one at a time fire a primer then load the gun. After you fire then run one damp patch down the barrel and reload. Repeat this after 4 shots.

David H. Meredith
BPI Customer Service Manager
Public Relations
5988 Peachtree Corners East
Norcross, GA 30071
770-449-4687 Ext 111