Boat motor opinions

shaftslinger24

Looking to hear from people that have had experiences with, or are familiar with Evinrude Etecs... a 2005 225HP in particular. What are your thoughts/opinions of these motors? Thank in advance

mikey1297

well...i'll say this....my tech's are REAL good at replacing power heads on the big etecs....lots of experience

jonkayak

I have had a Suzuki and now an Etec and I hated the Suzuki from the get go but the Etec has been amazing. With that stated mines a 2012 115hp.

Lukikus2

well...i'll say this....my tech's are REAL good at replacing power heads on the big etecs....lots of experience

I'm friends with a master mechanic. He just smiles real big when Etec is mentioned. I've never owned one though.

BoneHunter77

Etec has had some hilarious commercials. I know that. I had a friend who had one on his center console and loved it. No problems during his five years of owning it. I've always been a Mercury fan myself.

Wild Turkey

05 would be an early ETEC which is the fixed Ficht motor which bankrupt OMC. The bugs werent worked out yet. I would stay away from a pre 2010 etec.