Computer Confusion

swamp hunter

Hughes Net;
Service Plan 10 / 1 , as in 10 MB,s per Month ,1 MB Speeds.
Hughes Net Speed Test
Download 2,493 kbps
Upload 169 kbps
I thought the Service Plan was ...like faster speeds than that . U tube is forever loading . Most Videos take forever
Enter T-Mobile.
I,m thinking about switching from Sprint with my Cellphones.
T-Mobile has this Mobile Hotspot thingy.
They have a 5 GB per Month Plan. Is this faster Down and Upload Speeds , Or just a lower Monthly total of usage than Hughes Net.
Has anybody got one of them Mobile Hot Spots ?
How much Loading speeds can I realistily expect from any of this stuff , Dish or Hotspot out in the Sticks ?
:huh:

T

tjrutz

Hughes Net;
Service Plan 10 / 1 , as in 10 MB,s per Month ,1 MB Speeds.
Hughes Net Speed Test
Download 2,493 kbps
Upload 169 kbps
I thought the Service Plan was ...like faster speeds than that . U tube is forever loading . Most Videos take forever
Enter T-Mobile.
I,m thinking about switching from Sprint with my Cellphones.
T-Mobile has this Mobile Hotspot thingy.
They have a 5 GB per Month Plan. Is this faster Down and Upload Speeds , Or just a lower Monthly total of usage than Hughes Net.
Has anybody got one of them Mobile Hot Spots ?
How much Loading speeds can I realistily expect from any of this stuff , Dish or Hotspot out in the Sticks ?
:huh:

when I moved to lake Jackson I had t mobile and service was crap! I switched to Verizon and go to some pretty far out places with my job and have been very pleased! and they have the mobile hostpot as well, as most phone companies probably do!

swamp hunter

I'll check Verison for Coverage also. Thanks .
Speeds, What kind of Download , Up load Speeds can I get with Good Reception and a Mobile Hotspot Thing ?

merc123

I've used Verizon tethering on a BlackBerry and on their "air cards" and got decent speed. YouTube videos would still buffer quite a bit and it wasn't the best thing for large downloads. The new 4G though can offer speeds close to 10 Mbps and 3G is somewhere under 5 Mbps but will more than likely faster what you have now.

Something looks wrong with your Hughesnet speeds because they're 10 Mbps download speeds and you're at around 2.5. That's not even 50% of the advertised speed.

Also, if you exceed your cap they will slow your speed down. This could be it also.

swamp hunter

I thought something was Wrong as well.
Now they tell me my Plan is 1 Mpbs Speed ,
10 Mbps Monthly Usage. ?? And my Speeds are good. Talked to Sharim in India just the other Day... : )

Bottom Line , I need more Speed .
How's Joe Cotton patch on Muddy Creek Lane getting fast Speeds , And here I sit creeping along in Dirt Road Suburbia with a Wal-Mart 6 miles away, and No Speed....