Question of Funds?

kerry1972

Got a Question for anyone that may have some idea's?
Im a 41 yr old, and can't really walk more than 40-50 feet without alot of pain. I was hit by a car when I was 15 yrs old and crushed my left knee and ankle. Well over the yrs the right leg wore out...soooo got pain on both sides now.
Anyway the question is. Do any of you know of any kind of foundations, company's, or just people with money that do donations of money for powerchairs for the disabled? Im not talking of normal powerchairs...Im talking of Action Trac Chair for the outdoors?
I have Medicaid and they couldn't give 3 squats it I left this house ever again. They would not even approve me for a normal chair because I can walk from my be to the livingroom....

Back to the point....Im trying to find a place that may donate or fund for a chair for me. That way I can get back to the outdoors and teach my kids before they grow to old. I can only tell them so much...Doing is the part of learning for the outdoors....
Any help will be greatly thankful....
Thanks,
Kerry Garland

ryano

Banned
Got a Question for anyone that may have some idea's?
Im a 41 yr old, and can't really walk more than 40-50 feet without alot of pain. I was hit by a car when I was 15 yrs old and crushed my left knee and ankle. Well over the yrs the right leg wore out...soooo got pain on both sides now.
Anyway the question is. Do any of you know of any kind of foundations, company's, or just people with money that do donations of money for powerchairs for the disabled? Im not talking of normal powerchairs...Im talking of Action Trac Chair for the outdoors?
I have Medicaid and they couldn't give 3 squats it I left this house ever again. They would not even approve me for a normal chair because I can walk from my be to the livingroom....

Back to the point....Im trying to find a place that may donate or fund for a chair for me. That way I can get back to the outdoors and teach my kids before they grow to old. I can only tell them so much...Doing is the part of learning for the outdoors....
Any help will be greatly thankful....
Thanks,
Kerry Garland

Its going to be real tough to get anyone to fund that because its not "medically necessary". I do hear that one of the companies that builds them offers some really good financing.

I plan on buying me one once I get my truck paid off.

Im T10 paraplegic and that trax chair would make all the difference in the world in the outdoors.

dotties cutter

Wish you luck on the chair. I am 71 and have a back problem and my day will come when I will need the same. I still manage to go out with the dogs and run a rabbit or two and though painfull walk over a mile but I dont know what next year will do for or to me. Hope this string keeps goin and some good news is found out for you.

ChristopherA.King

There is no real funding for this sort of thing. The only thing close to this is a company up north. I will look for there name I am sure I have it. They are building a off road chair the coast is 10 thousand dollars and if you meet the right standards they will give you a 5 thousand dollar schoulership. I will find the link and post it

Lukikus2

There is no real funding for this sort of thing. The only thing close to this is a company up north. I will look for there name I am sure I have it. They are building a off road chair the coast is 10 thousand dollars and if you meet the right standards they will give you a 5 thousand dollar schoulership. I will find the link and post it

here is the link for the chair http://www.actiontrackchair.com/

:cheers:

That looks like the same chair Tred Barta was using on his show. :huh: