Remington 11-87

ChattNFHunter

got a Remington 11-87 and I was just wondering what choke and shot combo's it might like. I've got a standard remington x-full choke in it right now but i haven't found a shot that makes it pattern very good. been finding that the jellyhead choke is good for it but i was just wanting verification. thanks guys!

supert

get you a rem choke SUPER FULL instead of an extra full and try the federal heavyweight magnums #6. It seems to be a deadly combo for me. try it and you will love it,the shells are pricy 29.00 for 5 but are well worth it. good luck

Lumpkin Hunter

I shoot the Primos Tightwad choke in mine with Federal Heavy weight #7 shot. This combo works very well for me.
Good luck with it, I am sure you will be pleased with the gun.

Natty Bumppo

I've had a Kicks gobblin thunder in my 11-87 for years with good success.

Headsortails

What size GT and what shot? I shot both Winchester X-R #6 and XX #5 and did not really like the pattern.

Offroadtek

I got a Jellyhead .660 in mine. Great patterns with Blends and #7s. With #4 or 5s it did better with the factory full choke. .660 is just to small for big shot.
IMG_0698.JPG

Nannyman

Remingtons love Jelly Heads most of the time. 660 for 6 or 7s. 665 for larger shots. Also 665 if it has a 26" or28" barrel.

John

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
H.S. Strut Undertaker in .665 non-ported and it likes the Hevishot Mag Blends! Does well with the Winchester Extended Range #6's. The Mag Blends were so awesome through it, I could not use anything else. I am sure it would do well with the Hevi 13's in the #6 shot as well!
Good Luck,
Tim

TailCrackin

I shoot the Primos Tightwad choke in mine with Federal Heavy weight #7 shot. This combo works very well for me.
Good luck with it, I am sure you will be pleased with the gun.

I was under the impression that shooting a ported choke was ill-advised with fligh stopper wads? Doesnt the Fedeal HW loads have this type of wadding?

Only asking because I just picked up a Tight-Wad choke.

Thanks in advance!

Natty Bumppo

What size GT and what shot? I shot both Winchester X-R #6 and XX #5 and did not really like the pattern.
I have the .655 and shoot Winchester Supreme shells (the ones with 1 3/4 oz. of shot) #5s.

I'm sure there are better loads out there, but these have always worked well for me. I'm good to 35 yards with this combination.

Zkid09

im shooting an 11-87 with a .665 jellyhead and hevi 13 #6s and getting 230ish at 40 yards. around 300 at 30 yards.