6 yr old Grace's 1st turkey

Kevin Farr

Here are some pics of Grace's 1st turkey that she ever killed. She was 6 yrs old and begging me to take her and let her shoot. I literally had to hold the gun and let her sit in my lap. I had the gun on my shoulder and supported the forearm with her in the middle. She leaned over and looked down the barrel and told me when she was ready. I took the safety off, gave her the green light, and down the turkey went. I wish someone could have videoed us and really captured the moment.

She had been with me deer and turkey hunting a couple of times when she was 5 and her interest kept growing. And it continues to grow as she has killed several deer, turkeys, doves, etc. She is 11 yrs old now and has turned into a surprisingly good outdoorsman, 'er 'um, girl. She will make somebody a good husband one day. LOL And her husband better be good to her, or she might put his head on the wall. LOL

Attachments

• 248_4887 (2) resize 2.jpg
    248_4887 (2) resize 2.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 330
  • 248_4890 resize 2.jpg
    248_4890 resize 2.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 248_4894 resize 2.jpg
    248_4894 resize 2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 248_4897 resize 2.jpg
    248_4897 resize 2.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 347

Ricochet

Right on, that's what it is all about!

turkeyed

Great memories there Kevin! That is something you will will forget!

WaltL1

Awesome! I like how her jacket almost touches the ground hahaha!
Best post Ive seen in a while!

onemilmhz

That is just awesome! Her smile says it all!

FOD

One more getting brought up the right way,thanks for sharing the pictures Buddy.I was thinking about the 28 or .410 route for my son this year,but I like your idea better.

hambone76

Congrats to both of you. Enjoyed the pictures.

born2hunt99

That's just awesome right there!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
great pics, greater story!!! congrats young lady and pops

keep the pics for life