Boss just asked me to work next Saturday morning.

harryrichdawg

I told him that I'd prefer not to because I've already made plans to be out of town all weekend turkey hunting. He said that it was okay because he thought he could get someone else to help out that day. I'm not sure that he can because I know how the others feel about working weekends.

I really don't want to cancel my plans, but I hate to tell him no because he's been so good to me. There are only 7 weeks of turkey season and only one opening weekend.

Yeah I run into this all the time. Everyone I work with acts like there family activities are more important than mine, and I'm the only one with small children. It's frustrating but your probably need to stand your ground and let someone else step up and work the weekend. If you don't you will be the one there every weekend.

Good luck hope it works out.

CPark58

Yea but Wally Pipp killed a monster long beard that day and quit caring about baseball anyway....little known fact

Oddball

I told him that I'd prefer not to because I've already made plans to be out of town all weekend turkey hunting. He said that it was okay because he thought he could get someone else to help out that day. I'm not sure that he can because I know how the others feel about working weekends.

I really don't want to cancel my plans, but I hate to tell him no because he's been so good to me. There are only 7 weeks of turkey season and only one opening weekend.

I know how you feel. I used to volunteer to work the late shift and weekends because it was always overtime pay. Back in the early 90's I saved enough to almost completely pay for a new Harley with cash in about three months of weekend overtime. It got to where it was just assumed that I was the late day and weekend guy and the other guys would get bent out of shape if the boss asked one of them to work because I had something planned. I just figured I was doing them a favor by working their shifts for them and if I couldn't every now and then they'd just have to get over it. They can get along without you for one weekend now and then.

Arrow3

They would have to threaten to fire me to get me to work next Saturday.

glynr329

You are in a tough situation been there many times. I worked ever chance I got to make a better life for my kids. Honestly I wish I could give all that money back and get my time back to have been with my kids. It is okay to work over sometimes but not all the time. Tell him you will work all he wants from now to Saturday.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I work a lot of OT as well. I get put in these situations a lot during turkey season. I actually work most Saturdays during the season. Good thing is I can hunt in the afternoons on the weekends and I have Sundays.

fullstrut

You can always hunt Turkeys,but hunting a job in the economy is like hunting a Bird with an 18" beard and 3" spurs kinda tuff. Good luck man. I am on call two whole in April so I know how ya feel. You'll get ya a bird though.

01Foreman400

Staff member
You got to put your job above turkey hunting. Turkeys aren't paying your bills.

That's right. I have a bunch of great places to hunt because I work a lot of OT but without a job I can't turkey hunt. :banginghe

alan

I am the boss and I have to work opening morning! I wonder who I should complain to!

Jeff Raines

I'll be at work that morning too.....My opening day will be the 25th and I should have the wma all to myself.

Jody Hawk

I quit a job once making more money just so I'd have more time to hunt. Just as long as I have a full belly, warm bed and time to chase turkeys, I'm good to go!

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I'd quit too. How big an insult can someone give you, than to ask you to work opening morning.:huh: