gun????

joemeadows

I have a moss 12g 535 with undertaker choke barrel is 29.5 inches long with choke. Im shooting winchester 3.5 xx #5 loads and at 40 yards I peppered a 18X24 target even spead over whole target. is that considered good??? and what can i do to tighten that up. also tried a gobbler stopper choke from true glow with same loads and same size target, did not have no where as many hits

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
that sound good at 40 yards but we need a picture! evenly spread dense? or evenly spread sparse?

RUNnGUN

May try shooting the hevi 13 and I bet you'll see tighter pattern

joemeadows

ok no pics but this is the scoop. 10 in circle and 18inch circle from center of target. i drew cross hairs threw circles and discovered by count my shot was low and left. inside 10inch circle i had 81 and 12o in 18inch cirlce total of 266 on 18 x 24 target. gonna go shoot it again tomorrow and try hit center of target

JimLandt

I was a skeptic before I tried Hevi-shot. My patterns improved almost 50% when I finally tried it. I'm shooting 870 3" though, but I'll bet you'd see a tighter pattern @ 40 yds.

sea trout

look at my thread i started called heavy shot and choke tubes i think.
i was a sceptic too but kept hearin all the rave about it so i had to try.
just like jimlandt say's above you. my shots increased! but mine by 100 percent!
yes i'm gettin 2wice as much shot in my turkey head at 40-45 yards!
i bought the magnum blend. it's a blend of 5 6 and 7 shot.
some folks on here are saying go straight 7 shot....but i'm still sceptic of that....i don't know but that just seems like small shot to me at long range...like it would be out of gas....but!!!!.....i don't know. so far everything they've said about this stuff is true! and i'm glad i tried it!!!!!!!!

BlackBore

My first year at turkey hunting so I went out and bought a Benelli SBL II 12 ga. and a Kicks Industries Inc. .665 choke. Needless to say I dropped about 1700 bucks :0

Killdee

just like jimlandt say's above you. my shots increased! but mine by 100 percent!
some folks on here are saying go straight 7 shot....but i'm still sceptic of that....i don't know but that just seems like small shot to me at long range...like it would be out of gas....but!!!!.....i don't know. so far everything they've said about this stuff is true! and i'm glad i tried it!!!!!!!!

Its heaver than lead is how you can drop down a size or 2 and maintain penetration, With TSS we mostly all shoot #9's but Tss is almost twice as heavy as lead, next best is Federal Heavyweight if you get the right choke for it.

Brad

The best thing about heavy shot is its tungsten based not lead which means its heavier and more dense. A no.7 heavyshot pellet packs as much punch as a no.5 lead pellet. So you can take the same size shell and fill it with smaller shot without sacrificing energy.

hambone76

I was skeptical about the #7 shot myself until I killed a bird with it. All of my kills since have been with the Federal #7's and not a single bird lost.

thebreeze

Banned
The last turkey i killed last year was at a tape measured 51 yards with a 20ga using hevi-shot #7, i promise you it's got enough energy to get 'er done....videoed the hunt, all you can see on the tape is a little black spot, i was by myself, couldn't zoom in and shoot too, pulled a tape afterwards, 51 yards....

Last edited:

joemeadows

i think i will hold off long as I can. But at the same time I think anything inside of 40yards is a dead bird with a great shot

sea trout

those are impressive senarios with 7 shot!!!
i do beleive y'all!! 51 yards is awsome!!
but i already bought the heavy 5,6,7 blend that's just what bass pro had so i got two boxes and i'm so impressed with that i think i'll stick with it for now!

Latest posts