3-16 SC Lowcountry

bangbird

Had an awesome hunt this morning. No gobbling on the roost where I thought they would be but on the walk back to the truck I hit the call and this fella sounded off 75 yards away still up in the tree. I just took a seat off the edge of the road and next time I called he was on the ground and coming. Well he hung up for 20 minutes at about 50 yards strutting and gobbling. He just didn't want to come a few more yards. I decided to get aggressive with him and I ran a series of cutting on my mouth call. He ate it up, broke strut, walked 10 yards towards me and went back in to strut. Now I'm feeling more comfortable about my shot and sent the lead his way. That was the end of this old bird and an awesome hunt. Didn't weigh him but I'm saying he's every bit of 20lbs.

birdone2_zpsa336ff4a.jpg

birdone1_zpsdda341bc.jpg

Arrow3

Great bird! Congratulations

Lumpkin Hunter

Congrats, great spurs on him. Don't you just love those unexpected gobbles especially when they lead to a grat bird like you got.
Come on GA opening day I can't hardly sleep I got it so bad.

MKW

Congrats...nice bird. One of these days I'm gonna find me a lowcountry place.

Mike

albrown100

Thats what I like to see !! Congrats on a fine Bird and Hunt :fine:

thebreeze

Banned
that's cheating, if i've gotta wait til the 23rd, everybody should, just kiddin...CONGRATULATIONS, ya'll are killin me.....