Is religion???

nappyhead

Banned
Is religion the root of all evil? Seems like most wars are fighting over whose religion is wrong or right?

I really have no idea how many different religions there are in the world, but how do you know whose right?

The one with the biggest guns?

franklinm

nappyhead I looked Religion up in my concordance , and what I found was this in 2 Timothy 3& 5 is say`s
Having a form of Godliness buy denying the power thereof from such turn away ,
What you should be looking for is Salvation ,
The Bible say`s Money is the root of all evil .
I think Religion is just what people call what ever from you follow , Jewest and many others . hope this help`s .

StriperAddict

nappyhead said:
how do you know whose right?

The one with the most broken hearted God...

For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son (delivered Him to death so that we might truely LIVE...)
that whoever believes in Him might not perish but have Eternal Life...

John 3:16

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Is Religion

nappyhead said:
Is religion the root of all evil? Seems like most wars are fighting over whose religion is wrong or right?

I'm not buying into your supposition that most wars have been fought over "religion". Your blanket statement fall fars short of being convincing. Why not provide the basis for making such a statement.
Might make it more convincing.

BuckSlayer

nappyhead said:

I really have no idea how many different religions there are in the world, but how do you know whose right?

Nappyhead,

What is going on in the world is bigger than a few fights in the middle east. The world has always been engaged in a fight between good and evil. Good always prevails over evil. The Bible says "The devil seeks out whom he may destroy". We are in a spiritual war. Satan is jealous of the relationship God has with his creation. So the world is continually in turmoil because Satan would like nothing better than to destroy what God has created. There is only one truth in this world, and it is this. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes unto the father but through me". The God of Israel is the only true God. All others are false gods, and Jesus is his Messiah.

BSlayer

Hawkeye

Religion is how men try to get to god.

Christianity is the way That God Provided so man can reach Him.

So Choose , religion Or God.

GeauxLSU

Thank you Lord for not making me so bored.

He already got banned? With such an honest searching question? Gee, whoda' thunk it.
Pray said for you nappy.

RJY66

It is a pretty popular slogan by atheists these days that religion is the cause of all wars and killing. How conveniently they forget the millions that were killed by Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc, who were atheist communists.

Evil comes into play when a group of people try and use violence to force their beliefs on another group of people who do not agree with them. This belief system could be a religion, an economic theory, a form of government, racism, etc. It really does not seem to matter.

Human beings do not need much of an excuse to kill each other, which to me proves the fallen nature of man that the Bible talks about.

Dudley Do-Wrong

According to Scripture, "the love of money is the root of all evil". Who subsituted religion for money and since when did people start saying and/or believing that religion has been the cause of all wars and violence.

Evil comes into play when a group of people try and use violence to force their beliefs on another group of people who do not agree with them.
I agree with the above quote, especially considering the turmoil in the Middle East.

Hawkeye made a statement on another thread that basically says it all, something like "if the Arabs put down their weapons it would be the end of violence, if Israel put down their weapons it would be the end of Israel."

Also previously pointed out that there is a diffence between religion and God. A lot of folks have religion but have no relationship with God.