Who turkey hunts bare footed?

Jody Hawk

Me and P&Y Finally were walking down a logging road this morning turkey hunting and he points out something very strange, someone had walked down the road barefooted! That's right, perfect feet prints with ten toes right there in the mud! As ole Jerry Clower would say, If I'm lieing I'm dieing! Might have been Jim Thompson. :rofl:

sman

Indian style.

Huntinfool

I'm guilty of taking my boots off a time or two....but I ain't NEVER taken my socks off too. That's hard core!

I bet THAT dude didn't stop at a locked gate on a WMA!

p&y finally

Dang ol' rabbit hunters :rofl:

Attachments

• Talon_Rabbits_9-4-2010.jpg
    Talon_Rabbits_9-4-2010.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,886

Burritoboy

I don't, but have often thought about how much quieter I could be if I did. I'm a little OCD about moving slowly and quietly through the woods. If I was paying that close attention to where I was walking because I was barefoot, it might just take stealthy to an entirely new level.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My Grandfather used to.

Big Ras

Toe shoes...I've got a pair love em feels like bare feet without the pain

01Foreman400

Staff member
I have some of those and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I would be afraid of getting snake-bit duirng turkey season though.

You have to draw the line somewhere. You just crossed it. :rofl:

JimLandt

Probably just some neo-hippie type communing with nature. I went through a brief phase like that about 35 years ago. I went barefoot to class in college and seldom wore shoes. I wasn't alone either. It was the thing back then. I think it's back in style. Funny how tough my feet got. I used to walk through briar patches without giving it a second thought. I'm lucky I snapped out of it before I stepped on a copperhead.