cold front question

jgoins

What are y'alls thoughts on this cold morning tomorrow? Are they gonna shut up or carry on like normal?

T-N-T

Im hunting a new location for the year. Have hunted past years, just not this year. HOPEFULLY I can hear em and get to em! If not, I will rely on past years roosts...

stringmusic

They will gobble if barometric pressure is rising, cold won't affect them IMO

Yep.

If I check my phone and the pressure is at 30 or above, I know that I'm almost guaranteed to hear some gobbling.

Killdee

I was in a place last week where they were tearing it up 2-3 days before, then -0-. I checked my phone and had 28-29 rising barometer.Several of us heard no birds even with beautiful weather.

p&y finally

Birds wont make a sound tomorrow, everybody stay home :biggrin3:

01Foreman400

Staff member
Yep.

If I check my phone and the pressure is at 30 or above, I know that I'm almost guaranteed to hear some gobbling.

I was in a place last week where they were tearing it up 2-3 days before, then -0-. I checked my phone and had 28-29 rising barometer.Several of us heard no birds even with beautiful weather.

What app are ya'll using to check the barometer?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
What are y'alls thoughts on this cold morning tomorrow? Are they gonna shut up or carry on like normal?

I am taking my 11YO and it will be a coin toss.

GA DAWG

What app are ya'll using to check the barometer?
My accuweather has it. No app. Just the mobile website. Click on the little temp icon thing. Gives the reading and windchill and all. Yesterday it was 30.17 I think. I heard only one:(

Matthew Cabe

It's 30.0 right now on mine I'm in da woods nothing yesterday nothing. The day before yesterday gobble gobble in the afternoon.

Big Ras

It's gonna be a great morning with lots of gobbling and I'm gonna get my first bow bird and tag out..........

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Weatherbug. Great app and its free

GA DAWG

Mine says 30.17^ must be hung on that :) Don't matter Im having to work:(

01Foreman400

Staff member
My accuweather has it. No app. Just the mobile website. Click on the little temp icon thing. Gives the reading and windchill and all. Yesterday it was 30.17 I think. I heard only one:(

Thanks.

ScrappyJ

Mine is at 30.2, I didn't go today because of the cold but tomorrow still is an option. Would you guys feel good about a 30.2 reading?