Great Morning

MAPSTRE

Went to a buddy's lease in Talbot county on Friday. Took our sons and the wives to go to a festival in Columbus. Saturday morning we had the boys in a hardwood bottom when we got a tom to respond. Put the boys about 75 yards out in front of us. Sat back and did some light calling. He started heading our way gobbling. About 15 minutes later I hit the slate and he fills the woods sounding back. Looked at my buddy and said he should be right on top of the boys. Heard some hens putting with him. The boys came back and had the biggest grins on their faces! We called in 8 hens and the gobbler. The hens walked past them but the gobbler stayed in the thick stuff. The boys said they were shaking soo bad when he sounded off that close to them. Didn't get the turkey but seeing their faces was worth it!! I THINK BOTH ARE HOOKED NOW!!

Pneumothorax

Had to smile when I read that! I was lucky enough to treat my son to a similar experience last weekend. What a memory that will be for them! Dead bird or not makes no difference.