headed to Charlie Elliot next week... May1-7

The Rodney

Whose going?
I saw and heard a lot of birds during deer season but that area seems to have been worked on. It is a planted pine area about five acres and it looks like they came in and cut all the low branches off, tore up the place. Not sure if they will still be in the area. Anyone want to scout a little Sunday evening? Or maybe even swap notes next week on the hunt let me know. Will have my boy for the Friday. We are new to the turkeys but I have seen them for years down there.

Oh... any intell from this seasons hunts would be appreciated as well :)

yellowfin

Last weekend I had a solo come in first thing that didn't like what I had to offer and changed locations and heard two that turned into a bachelor group of at least 4. Sign in sheet showed about 8 people that morning on that side. Get in early and get you a spot. The first bird right at day light was on private property that decided to come onto the WMA.

The Rodney

thanks for the heads up. I heard them come out of teh roost at least five mornings during deer season, good entertainment.

The Rodney

No signs Sunday... but then again I got there and the tornado siren went off in Mansfield, anyone here on the hunt this week?