What do you do with your fan(s)?

Pneumothorax

I have some self-made fan mounts on the wall. But my man cave is running out of wall space.

Looking for suggestions on what to do with this season's (and future) fans.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I've tossed the two fans from the birds I shot this season.

I have no use for them at the moment. I use to preserve everyone of them.
Last year, I preserved one and did a fan mount. The other two fans, I plucked the feathers and gave them to a good friend who was building some traditional arrows.

The year before that, I gave all the ones I had lying around that were preserved to some customers of mine who wanted to decorate their houses with them.

I think I'm going to go back to preserving them again. Kind of feel bad tossing such a beautiful part of a beautiful animal.. Might try to make some arrows or re-fletch some of my existing arrows with them in the future.

ryanwhit

I have 8 in my office and that many more in the freezer from previous seasons. There's only so many spots on the wall, ya know?...

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Put them on b mobles dekes and on stakes to put out for dekes, My wife and friends use them.

Gut_Pile

I dry them out and either put them on the wall or hide behind them while sneaking up on a gobbler

MKW

I used to keep them, but not any more. When I moved 2 years ago, I gave away 14 that were stacked in the garage that I never did anything with.

Mike

Killdee

I quite keeping them years ago and now I save them for my florist Cousin who uses them in deceased sportsmens funeral arrangements.I think the wing fethers make better fletchings.

Gaswamp

I used to keep them, but not any more. When I moved 2 years ago, I gave away 14 that were stacked in the garage that I never did anything with.

Mike

I've got a couple on the wall and two in the freezer. When my Dad died, my perspective changed on keeping trophies... He mounted animals a lot and had fans galore on the wall. I now see where all the stuff a person accumulates ends up. Now, I ain't got a lot of use for stuff around the house that I don't use but just look at.

bullit

I'd like to know of someone in the Albany GA area that could use the feathers. I saved the fan from my first one in 1992, it's still in great shape. Since then just save spurs and beards.
If anyone in area wants future feathers, send me a PM and "if" I ever get another I will gladly donate the feathers.
I really hate tossing them but they make poor soup :cheers:

goblr77

I don't save mine anymore unless its from a really good bird or I need some feathers for a deke.

kevincox

I've got a couple on the wall and two in the freezer. When my Dad died, my perspective changed on keeping trophies... He mounted animals a lot and had fans galore on the wall. I now see where all the stuff a person accumulates ends up. Now, I ain't got a lot of use for stuff around the house that I don't use but just look at.

Good point. I have several fans done nicely by my ole pal shortstop. Only soo much room for them and they end up getting trashed at some point one way or another sadly