I Found Gold Last Nite On Ebay

Brad C.

Well it's about like gold these days for what people are paying for the Star Dots that have been on there for the last year or so. I guess I got myself to blame for that. :bounce: But anyway it's a brand new, unfired, original Star Dot choke. I got it for $49 shipped to my door. The guy didn't know what he had. That worked in my favor. At least this will replace the other brand new one that I gave to a guy that tried to tell me his 835 wouldn't shoot. He now has seen the light. :)

KGrHqJ_lgFELCCQ8rgBRfJ1f6IUQ_60_57.jpg

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Brad C.

Nope that ain't it. That's a Star Dot. But the Star Dot chokes that have Preston Pittman on the tubes were not the original Star Dot chokes that Colonial Arms made for Highlander Sports. Those chokes came after the contract breach that Highlander Sports had with Colonial Arms on making the Star Dot original chokes foh Highlander Sports since they were not paying Colonial Arms the money they owed them to make these chokes. So Colonial Arms stopped making the Star Dot chokes for Highlander Sports. So Highlander Sports decided to take what original Star Dot chokes they had and get another choke maker to copy Colonial Arms design. The owner of Colonial Arms wasn't happy about this at all. But can you blame her? Now who Highlander Sports had copy the design of the original Star Dot chokes and how well that choke maker copied them for internal dimensions, I don't know. Nor do I know how well those copied Star Dot chokes shoot. But if those copied Star Dot chokes were even close to internal dimensions of the original Star Dot chokes, I would only have to speculate that they should shoot pretty good.

And the Rem Star Dot orignal choke I had didn't seem to shoot the hevi-13 loads as good as I had hoped. So I sold it. I think some have said their Rem Star Dot choke shot well for them.

But rumor has it from a guy that told me to buy a Star Dot choke for my Moss 835 and shoot Hevi-13 loads through it that Star Dot choke for the Moss 835 has been the best shooting choke he has, and the Star Dot Invector choke for his Win 1300's has also been the best shooting choke for it. I would say he knows what he is talking about. He went by reloader on another forum. And I think he also had a Rem Star Dot that just didn't shoot like he had hoped.

I'll show you a picture of the original Star Dot package in a little while.

Last edited:

Millcreekfarms

Glad to hear these are quality chokes have one for SB1 had never even heard of em my father in law gave it to me

What is so special about that choke?

Seems to me that if its so great why would it be so hard to find :huh:

Anyhow congrats on your find

I had a 835 that was impossable to pattern with anything but I polished the barrel and bought a rino tube and it was tough on 50 yard rios too tight for the woods here but the rino made the diffrence for that gun

Brad C.

I'll just say the original Star Dot .676 choke shines in the Moss 835's. I like shooting Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's, and the Star Dot choke will simply put, out shoot all the other chokes I have tried.

Brad C.

What is so special about that choke?

Seems to me that if its so great why would it be so hard to find :huh:

Anyhow congrats on your find

DSCF5071.jpg

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know the rest of the Story." ;)

I have seen the Star Dot 835 chokes go as high as $130. Let me show you the last one on there before the one I bought went for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Dot-12...rue&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_490wt_885

Almost every single one that is put on ebay will bring typically around $100 or more.

Brad C.

I bought 1 at Walmart back in the day for a 870, it patterns really well. Can it be used with heavy shot?

You bet. And the one I had for my Rem may have shot some other Hevi-Shot loads well had it tried more. I think at the time I tried was Hevi-13 3" 2oz 7's and 6's. But if it shoots good in your gun, by all means use it.

MKW

Dang, those Star Dot chokes for the 835 cost more than I would pay for the 835 itself...seriously.
::ke:

:rofl:

Mike