Rather large rattler

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT A LARGE SNAKE IN HAWKINSVILLE BEING KILLED BY SOME TURKEY HUNTERS?:huh:

Matthew Cabe

Is this it?

rkbrs9.jpg

M Sharpe

Mine generally don't have the heads attached.........

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think that is it i heard it was close to 9 foot with 22 rattles. I understand they were in a blind and it stuck its head in with them.? I would have tore up a blind if it were me.

Brad C.

I think any 9 ft rattler story is just that, a story. And it just keeps getting bigger. It takes a heck of a rattler to even make the 7ft mark. And most of those you hear of are stories as well.

MKW

I do believe 9 ft would be a world record. These stories go around every year.

Mike

ratman

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree never heard of one much over the 6 foot mark. And like some have stated stories have a way of getting streched. Have heard stories like this for years never seen a tape measure laid out by one.

bullit

Good link from Rex... thanks!
Ya notice, there is never any real documentation with those BIG snakes :D

Hunter247

that thing gives me the shivers.

jmoughton

I dont know about 9 foot, and i couldn't show proof now, but i once had a picture of my 6'2" grand father holding a diamond back as high as his arm would go, and it drug the ground by at least a foot and a half.

mose

I heard it was coiled up behind some buck laying in the road.
:stir::pop:

hawglips

Banned
Are diamondbacks a federally protected species yet? I know they were pushing for it...

Brad C.

Are diamondbacks a federally protected species yet? I know they were pushing for it...

I think it's a state thing rather than federal. Texas still has their rattlesnake roundup every year. I think it's against the law to kill a rattlesnake in MO. I'm pretty sure they are protected. But I would say it's safe to say not an enforceable law. It's kind of like the mountain lion law which are also protected here in MO. There is a loophole in that law unless you fear for your life then you can kill one.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Largest diamondback i've seen, i killed on the banks of the Palm River south of Tampa, he measured 7 feet tip to tip. I was working at the time on some open wire telephone routes. Next biggest was in Osceola Co. Fl, Bull Creek. Saw two with their heads shot off. What remained measured 6 ' 8 ''. That's big snakes.

Latest posts