God is Always Working in You

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
The compelling story of Joseph seems to always remind me of the work that God does in each of our lives as we walk with Him. Are you frustrated because of a lost house, a bad job, a bad marriage, a bad child? Perhaps you were wrongly accused, depressed about your situation, or simply don't feel like God is working in you. Or maybe you've even lost someone you love. I encourage you to read and study Genesis 37-45 so that you can see just how God works good for His purposes in those who live for Him, though many life events don't seem so good as you face them. Remember, if you are in Christ, your life is hidden with Christ in God, and He always has His eye on you. He is always working in you for His good pleasure. Joesph began his struggles not knowing He was in God's plan but he was all along. And so are you!

Genesis 45
4 So Joseph said to his brothers, “Come near to me, please.” And they came near. And he said, “I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt. 5 And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. 6 For the famine has been in the land these two years, and there are yet five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvest. 7 And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors. 8 So it was not you who sent me here, but God.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
The compelling story of Joseph seems to always remind me of the work that God does in each of our lives as we walk with Him. Are you frustrated because of a lost house, a bad job, a bad marriage, a bad child? Perhaps you were wrongly accused, depressed about your situation, or simply don't feel like God is working in you. Or maybe you've even lost someone you love. I encourage you to read and study Genesis 37-45 so that you can see just how God works good for His purposes in those who live for Him, though many life events don't seem so good as you face them. Remember, if you are in Christ, your life is hidden with Christ in God, and He always has His eye on you. He is always working in you for His good pleasure. Joesph began his struggles not knowing He was in God's plan but he was all along. And so are you!

Genesis 45
4 So Joseph said to his brothers, “Come near to me, please.” And they came near. And he said, “I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt. 5 And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. 6 For the famine has been in the land these two years, and there are yet five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvest. 7 And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors. 8 So it was not you who sent me here, but God.

Providence is seen more clearly as it gets further behind us.
Faith is knowing Providence is beside and ahead of us.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I recall having three months of Sunday School classes on Genesis. It was great joy to get to Joseph, after watching his predecessors stumble along mixing their personal efforts, desires, and plans into their usually sincere intent to follow God. Joseph seemed to wake up each day with a big smile and the enthusiasm of child saying, "What great adventure do you have scheduled for today God"

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Appreciate your comments.

It is my intention for those who read (and myself) to work on their 'Joseph' attitute, working towards that assurance and faith in their Lord who bought them, no matter the circumstances. With that spirit, I wonder just how effective the efforts of His people could be!

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate your comments.

It is my intention for those who read (and myself) to work on their 'Joseph' attitute, working towards that assurance and faith in their Lord who bought them, no matter the circumstances. With that spirit, I wonder just how effective the efforts of His people could be!

Your "what if" scenario is one that plays in my imagination often. What if God's people understood and followed His relelation of His plan. The only comfort available seems to be, He tells us that is exactly what is happening.

gordon 2

All of Joseph's family could interpret dreams, himself, his brothers, his father. As christians we are all prophets of a kind, not in the ancient ways, but we can prophecy and we can dream dreams and interpret for simply being to Christ. to us this should not be exotic things. Jesus is the propitiation( the atoning sacrefice for our sins), and not for ours alone but also for the whole world. 1John 2;2 It is therefore God in us that makes it such, as it was for Joseph especially. Joseph`s judgements and interpretations he attributed to God, not himself.

Although we can still find ourselves in situations where we are slaves even to oppressions, for our transgression or those of our fathers and or those of our brothers, or willingly, ours is a need for food and provision also-- both material and spiritual. Like it was for Joseph where God sent him ahead of his brothers to preserve life, for us God sent Jesus, and Himself the head of us and our Lord sends us... yes that`s right us. We are Joseph and his family, and yet we are much more than they were.

Our hopes in Christ are no little things. Our hopes are the dreams and the prophecies of christians issued from our God given hearts. As it was with Joseph`s heart, God's will was Joseph`s compass to goodness and doing what was right and knowing what was not. Now for us how much more is God with us... his will plainer for the ministry of our savior and the Holy Spirit sent us, we who are not of the dream reading family as was Joseph`s, but born of the family of God itself, our`s the greatest Father, ours the greatest brothers... all dreamers, readers, prophets, etc....

Where Joseph`s slavery was unwilling, may we go willingly...and like Joseph our christian hopes may they preserve life---and not only ours but also, ``for the whole world``. All our mouths should prophecy blessings as we are to all the family of them that bless.

1 Corinthians 10:24,31

"Nobody should be looking for his own advantage, but everybody for the other man’s. Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God." universalis today.

------------------

who keeps faith for ever?

who gives justice to the oppressed?

who gives food to the hungry?

Isaiah.

Last edited:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Thanks. This is a really great subject.